Update on my "kids" :)

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
We're finally mostly settled and are having a great time living out in the country. We are re-united with mr. Cole (aka coleslaw, the cole-minator, colby and many other embarassing titles...oh and my one friend Eric said "I'll spell in Coal in my head since that seems more fitting" I said "and he'll know how you spell it?" He said "yup... and I am secretly teaching him that is the 'real' way to spell his name" :rolleyes: ) Anyway, poor little Daisy is almost always the target of Sunny and Cole's antics. Did anyone ever see the lion king? Think about the part where Zazu is used for pouncing practice for Simba...Daisy is Zazu. You can almost see them plotting too. She'll come running down the field lane and all of a sudden the boys put their heads together, lay down low on their bellies and POUNCE right as she runs by. She's become very weary of running full speed toward me when those two are out with her.
Sunny has decided that his life long dream has been met. What dream, you ask? The dream of being a "real" herding dog. However instead of soft fluffy sheep he decided that the cows in the pen about 1/4 mile behind our house were the perfect animals to start his career. I think I posted this in general chit chat last week but it bears repeating as I am doing an update on all 3. He actually got the cows all in one spot. I was torn between watching amazed and wanting to cover my eyes.I thought for sure he would get trampled.( I found out later they have a border collie who does this very thing so the cows are used to it.) He was so thrilled that he had NO idea why we went right back to the house instead of continuing our walk after he finally came when I called. To be fair, I don't think he heard me call in his excitement, because yesterday he made a dash for some amish on scooters (he has a penchant for all that is wheeled, bicycles, scooters,motorcycles, jeeps with the top down so you can see the people inside, you name it) but I told him to leave it and he stopped right at our property line, and just stared after them. I almost died of a heart attack (again) since a big mac truck was coming and he was 5 feet from the road, but he came back when I called him like a good boy, if not reluctantly. He knows the road is BAD so he mostly avoids going in the front yard to avoid temptation. He is shaping up to be a wonderful boy,and just had his 1st birthday. A block of cheese was his gift along with some new tennis balls and he couldn't have been happier unless we had bought him a whole cheese pizza for his very own. :)
Daisy is doing great. She's not as excited about cows as she is cow poop (eeeewwww) so we try to avoid the cow field at all costs now. She's such a good girl and is loving all the new smells. She found a rodent head a while back and shared it (unwillingly) with the two boys. I for one about puked, and made Tim bury it when he got home from work. That is the closest I have come to seeing a dog cry like a baby when I told her to leave it and come in the house. She almost caught a field mouse but was thwarted by her big brother and little cousin. (they pounced her instead of her pouncing it) She's more mellow then any dog I have ever owned. Sunny has mellowed with age...if I didn't see her breathing, sometimes I'd swear she was dead.:eek:
That leaves Cole (or as Eric would say Coal) He is a SPAZ! He's growing like a weed but looks sooo funny. He's still rather thin (working on fixing that...little brother was under feeding him . Was feeing him to his actual weight not desired weight and ended up with a skinny little dog. I'm fattening him up with all sorts of good things so don't worry. ) but his head is HUGE and completely that of a rottie. I wish I had a digital camera (the one I was using was the group homes) I would LOVE to post pictures of him. He's a dolly. He bounces on all fours as high as my nose and stands a little higher then my knees. (about 2 feet) He knows sit and the beginnings of "don't jump" which is imperative since he almost broke my nose jumping up while I was leaning down. He is learning "leave it" and "down" and "gently" and "heel". I wish Randy (his 'real' owner) would step up and take some initiative with this guy. He's SOOO smart and eager to please. He loves being part of the family. Sunny is his best buddy ever. They romp and roll and run and just generally enjoy each other. He still eats like a street pup, defending his food from other dogs but he'll let me take his bowl no questions asked. I can't wait to see what they all think of snow. Sunny was wee babe when we had snow last and it'll be Cole and Daisy's first ever. Hopefully some time next week we'll get to find out. Well, that's all for now I think.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm glad to hear things are going so good for you and the pups. I was wondering what was going on with those two. I missed Daisy's floppy ears. Sunny sounds like he is having SO much fun.

Members online

No members online now.