Winter 2015 Semester Thread

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Here we go again!

What's everybody got going on this semester?

I've got Gen Chem 1 (with an awful professor, so far) and Environmental Systems and Cycles (which I LOVE).

Chemistry is the one main worry for me in my Biology degree. And of course I start it off with a rough class. :/ We have our first exam over ions and naming compounds on Monday and I'm pretty nervous.

milos_mommy

I start tomorrow! (Technically spring semester!)

I'm taking intro to statistics in political science, American government, implications of science and technology on ancient society, literature beyond European traditions, and world politics.

A little worried about balancing family and school since I'm taking on more classes and more days. I have some friends in my classes though, so I'm hoping that motivates me.

This is my last semester before I earn my BSSW. It is pretty laid back, I only have 3 classes: my internship, seminar to talk about said internship, and one normal class discussing practice with organizations. The last class is the only one graded normally, the other two are Pass/Fail.

We are two weeks in now and I hate my internship (which is Monday-Thursday 8+ hours each day). It is not the age group I am wanting to work with, nor the population type (special needs/behavioral disorders). Not to mention how much drama there is between staff! So far I have had many of headaches from screaming children, only one table thrown at me, one time of a kid trying to kick me, and only one child trying to scratch me!

But, I only have to be there for 15 weeks, so 13 more. I will get through it! And hopefully in March I find out that I have been accepted to a Master's program (which is only about a year more of schooling) and then I will be done!

I am currently also studying for my first licensing exam! Which I am nervous about, although it's not super important because I will continue to be in school, but it would be nice to pass and be able to get a part time job with higher pay!

I also find my studying habits to be somewhat funny, right now I am going through a study guide book for the license and will read one chapter, and then I put it down and read one chapter from a dog related book! But I am hoping to incorporate dogs into a second job and part of my primary job as a social worker as well (would like to do therapy dog stuff and bring one of my dogs to work when I eventually have a private practice).

Dekka

Just try me..
I miss school :(

If anyone ever needs chem help... as long as I can remember it lol.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
This semester isn't starting too well for me -_-

Class list

Fluid Dynamics - Not too too bad, but still kind of tough

Engineering Numerical Analysis - using Matlab and Excel, I suck =_=

Fundamentals of Engineering- Prep class for the FE exam

Metallic Processes - Working with Metal in the shop and building things! Yay!

Now only if I didn't have my first class at 8 am and my last class at 5-9pm (Mon and Weds) then work on all the other day until 10pm. -_-

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Final semester of my Bachelor's Degree WOOOO!!!! :D

So I've got:

Second half of Research Applications. Still with the same garbage professor that virtually everyone in the class reported to the Dean for being so rude and unprofessional. I see that worked well....

Public Health 1 - I'm really enjoying so far. Moderately depressed that I wont be able to take the second half of this course. The prof is great, he's done a lot of traveling so he adds a lot of personal experience into his lectures which is cool.

Global Health - Prof was supposed to be the wife of the Public Health professor. Another one of my favourites. However on day 1 we were faced with a new professor from Nigeria. Whom while very nice, is not familiar with the Blackboard format at our school (online resource to post course materials including lecture slides), refuses to post lectures, and speaks so quickly that no one can understand him.
Our original professor we found out was diagnosed with breast cancer in November. Which makes me feel bad for being upset over the change in teachers.

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes, me. How do you remember all of the ions? Haha.

In all seriousness, tomorrow is going to suck.
I hated all the naming stuff. To the point I thought I hated chem in highschool. But once you start using them and getting know things it makes a lot more sense. If you had told me in HS that I would eventually do a joint degree in biochem and molbio I would have told you the biochem was crazy :) It wasn't till college (not university, lol College) when I was doing forensics that I learnt that chem was awesome.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I hated all the naming stuff. To the point I thought I hated chem in highschool. But once you start using them and getting know things it makes a lot more sense. If you had told me in HS that I would eventually do a joint degree in biochem and molbio I would have told you the biochem was crazy :) It wasn't till college (not university, lol College) when I was doing forensics that I learnt that chem was awesome.
I tell you what, it is rough! I was ok in high school. Didn't love it, but always did well. This test is allll about naming, so I will be happy with a C lol!

I'm doing peds and maternity this semester. I'm not particularly excited about it.
What profession are you working towards? What is your major?

Cheza

Anatomy (and cadaver lab), microbiology (and lab) and reproductive biology. Plus teaching two classes and TAing for another lab.
On M/W I'm on campus 8:30A-9P, but T/R I'm only there to teach from 8A-10:45A so I get to leave after that. Fridays are 8-2ish, depending on when staff meeting is over with.

I'm in my second term as a freshman for my second bachelor's in computer science! (My first degree is in Animal Science, yay for long hours with terrible pay :p)

I'm currently taking Calculus 2 and the second intro to CompSci class. Calculus is ok. I have the same teacher as I did last term and he's kind of a dick, but he's gotten much better. I think he actually took our bad reviews of him last term to heart thank goodness. On the other hand my compsci class is awesome! The teacher is hilarious and a bit of a stickler (which is actually a good thing because it forces me to code wayyy better to keep up with her high standards).

I'm only taking two classes because I recently moved and in order to be considered an in-state student in the future I can't take more than 8 credits per term, which actually works out just fine because I can't take more than that the first year due to pre-reqs and stuff anyways.

Members online

No members online now.