What was the first concert you went to?

Snark

Mutts to you
Well, back in the Stone Age... First concert was the Fifth Dimension in 1968 or '69. I think the last was Peter, Paul and Mary at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis. Not a concert-goer, obviously. :D

Romy

Taxiderpy
I've been going to orchestra concerts and stuff for a long time, since kidhood. The first rock concert I went to was Harvey Danger, which was awesome because it was a hometown concert and people in Olympia are the most polite moshers ever.

The first one I remember was AC/DC. But I went to a LOT of concerts when I was young, and it's not really surprising that I don't remember them all for one reason or another. I think I was 17 for that one, went with my roommate.

Best concert.. Eric Clapton because I love his music and won the limo/concert (Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan) package. It was a great night.

Last concert was last year, Sarah McLachlan with my daughter. We both cried like a babies through In the Arms of an Angel and I Will Remember You.

JacksonsMom

Backstreet Boys -- I was like 9 years old :)

BEST night ever. Ended up seeing them a bagillion more times.

I've been to a lot of other concerts in between though, I mean ranging from Good Charlotte to Kenny Chesney, LOL. I couldn't even count them all.

LauraLeigh

Def Leppard when I was 12?

Best? Garth Brooks in Vegas... Amazing, small intimate theatre (1000 people?) and he was awesome!

Last? Went to see Great Big Sea recently for the third time, I LOVE them... Have a Blue Rodeo concert coming up in a couple weeks..

Torch

My first concert was Kenny Chesney when I was 13 or 14. I've been to quite a few since then, various settings and sizes.

My favorite was seeing Jason Michael Carroll at a honky tonk. My husband and I are big fans of his, and we were right next to the stage. Somehow my husband told him about how "livin our love song" is our song, and he sang it to us. My husband gave me a big ol kiss and the whole crowd was whooping it up. Gotta love honky tonks lol.

Last concert I went to was Craig Morgan at the same honky tonk. He was really great in person also.

Kimbers

First concert was in seventh grade. A friend scored free tickets to see The Summer Set and All Time Low. Not my kind of music and not really my favorite crowd to hang with, but it was really fun at the time. I fell so cool being downtown at a grimy bar after midnight.

Favorite was Foster the People last summer at Red Rocks. I went with an awesome group of people, the weather was mild, and the stars were bright. I feel like Foster the People is a good star-watching band, so it was great. I met some really cool people, too. After the concert, we went for a late-night hike down on the Boulder trails. That night was pretty much the definition of perfection.

Last concert was at another sketchy bar downtown back in December. It was just a couple of up-and-coming or unappreciated progressive house groups that I don't even remember the names of. Good music, but the sound system wasn't up to date. We left a bit early to catch the light rail home, ended up missing our train, and got locked out in the snow as we were all under 21. Not the best night. lol

Miakoda

New Kids On the Block. I was 10, and it was for a friend's birthday. She got to invite 2 people to go, and I was one of them.

I've been to lots of concerts, but most of them were country artists (REAL country.....George Strait, Garth Brooks, Reba, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Toby Keith, Travis Tritt, Vince Gill, Brooks & Dunn, and some others). I've also seen Aerosmith.

My first one I can remember was John Denver, went to that with my Aunt/Uncle and cousins.

My first real, buy the tickets and drive myself there concert was Queensryche and Suicidal Tendencies.

My last one was Iron Maiden this past summer and we're going to see Soundgarden on Friday :) Mostly because my wife is in love with Chris Cornell.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
First one was Travis Tritt, not my choice.

Best was OAR on New Years Eve.

I go see P!nk in March.

I really am not a concert person, they have to be someone I really REALLY wanna see. Like OAR and P!ink :lol-sign:

JacksonsMom

First one was Travis Tritt, not my choice.

Best was OAR on New Years Eve.

I go see P!nk in March.

I really am not a concert person, they have to be someone I really REALLY wanna see. Like OAR and P!ink :lol-sign:
I LOVE Pink. Still have yet to see her in concert! I met her though in NYC randomly. Super cool. :) I have to find the pic.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Hmmmm I think it was a band called the lightening seeds, I was 16. I think... I saw a few all round the same time. Them, terrorvision, paul weller, cast.

The last one I saw was probably at the last festival I went to, which was shambala :) we saw lots of bands, no big names.

I'm going to download festival this year and get to see IRON MAIDEN!!!! My childhood dream complete!!!! I'll also get to see korn, slipknot and queens of the Stone Age!

It's like my early 20s in one festival!! And its a girls festival for my friends 40th! Yay!

I'm suddenly excited :D

Will aim for another festival too with the other half, but that will probably be a mix of random bands and electronic music with loud repetitive bass lines to get your ass moving.

MicksMom

...Best? Garth Brooks in Vegas... Amazing, small intimate theatre (1000 people?) and he was awesome!...
At the Wynn, right? We stayed at a Marriott right behind there when we went to Vegas- about a year before Garth started performing there. That must have been amazing! We were really hoping to get back to Vegas just so we could see him, but, alas, hubby got laid off right after we were there, and our son transferred out of Nellis at the end of that year.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My first one was Whitney Houston when I was 7. My mom and I LOVED her!

My favorite was a Dashboard Confessional/Get Up Kids show that I went to with Ian back in college.

The last one I went to was Fallout Boy a few years ago.

I used to go to concerts more often (I've seen a large list of bands/artists), but it's been a while.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
My first was a blink-182 concert (with New Found Glory & Alkaline Trio opening) concert.

The best was probably Vans Warped Tour a couple years later, but that was as much for the story of the concert as the performances themselves ;)

Most recent was Transiberian Orchestra, unless you count musicals.

tarmjr

First concert

It was Judas Priest at the Spectum in Philly. Got the ticket because the girl couldn't go. 4th row, best ever!!!! Found out later that the girl that couldn't go was the girl that I married. (not married anymore)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
First real "adult" concert ever was NKOTB when I was... seven, I believe. Before that I went to a bunch of kid's concerts. Sharon Lois & Bram, etc.

My FAVORITE concert, though, was Great Big Sea in 2002. Went with seven friends and it was rowdy and loud and we sang everything as loud as the band did. The best part? Our concert became their concert DVD in 2003, the Great Big DVD. Since we were third row, we're in the DVD a lot. :D

I'm a concert/music fanatic. I attend all ten days of Bluesfest locally every year (which is more of a generic music festival, just kept its old name) because it's ten days of amazing music and amazing artists for super-budget price!

Members online