CGC test

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So I just saw there's a CGC test tomorrow night. $10. Meh... I'll take Payton and see if I can CGC him.

Oh God. This is probably a bad idea.

I better go back through the list of stuff and make sure he can do it.

It's just the CGC, right? ...right?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
You should totally give it a shot. Cricket and I did it twice before she passed. The first time she failed the supervised separation, but passed everything else with flying colors. Best advice I got for working on that one is to treat it as a behavior instead of just leaving her with the evaluator. I practice doing a lot of down stays with her and build up the distance that I was away from her until we were practicing with me being out of sight for short periods of time. they only require 3 minutes but I made sure that she could handle 5 easily before I decided to retest her.

good luck!

crazedACD

Haha..it's just a CGC, it's just a CGC.

Romeo and I passed one many moons ago, it was fine. I never turned in the paperwork and the time period passed by. So like two years ago I saw another CGC test and figured why not...it was pouring rain, on a fairgrounds, and they shoved us into this DARK shed thing to do it. It was around that time I was noticing he didn't have good vision in the dark, I figure he couldn't even see. Romeo didn't perform every exercise perfectly...he got up when they petted him, wasn't heeling properly..yeah, he still passed, haha.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My biggest worry is the distraction test since Payton has that side where he might lose his mind at something bizarre. But that was also my biggest worry with Auggie and he was perfect. And of course whenever I THINK Payton is going to react he doesn't, and when I expect him to be fine he flips out on me...

At the very least this will be a great way to get him in a "ring" and work with him some, which I have not had the opportunity to do. They didn't have a fun match before their rally/OB trial (which I ended up not even entering Auggie in) so I didn't get to do that either. So I guess I should just look at it as practice, haha. =P

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Good luck. Wish the little Cookie Monster was old enough to do CGC, but she was only 5 months old for their last test :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Cool dogs like Juno need to take it 3 times in order to pass.
It is entirely my fault she didn't pass the 1st time. The 2nd time.... I don't know what sort of hyperactive drugs she was slipped.

It's just a CGC! :D If he passes, he passes... if he doesn't, maybe next time!

jenv101

Bite Club
Riley peed on the judge when he was left with her for the out of sight part and he still passed :D

Saeleofu

Do it, it's just the CGC, he'll be fine. And if not, it's just the CGC, and you can take it again ;)

Riley peed on the judge when he was left with her for the out of sight part and he still passed
How they hell did that happen? I thought eliminating during the test was an automatic not-pass?

jenv101

Bite Club
Not sure, but I just looked at the rules for ours (CGN in Canada) and it only says that it (eliminating during the test) MAY result in the dog being deemed "not ready". It doesn't say it's an automatic fail, so I guess it's up to the judge?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Eliminating during supervised supervision is actually NOT an auto-fail, that's the only time it's allowed.

You guys are going to make me feel bad if Payton fails LOL. Well THAT dog PEED in the test and passed Payton, YOU STILL FAILED LMAO.

JacksonsMom

DO IT!

I've been wanting to to do this with Jackson *forever* and he's 4. I am almost sure he'd pass everything except supervised separation. I can barely leave him with someone that I know for 30 seconds without him wondering where I am and whining and stuff.

What are the requirements for the supervised separation? Like, are they allowed to whine a bit, and look curious as to where I am, or do they just have to sit there? Can he still see me?

Anyways, good luck! I have a feeling Payton will pass with flying colors and make you happy! :)

jenv101

Bite Club
I think as long as they don't completely freak out, pull on the leash, or attack the judge, you should be ok lol. Riley is a whiner too and didn't stay in one spot for that part either, he shifted around a bit.

jenv101

Bite Club
You guys are going to make me feel bad if Payton fails LOL. Well THAT dog PEED in the test and passed Payton, YOU STILL FAILED LMAO.
:rofl1: Not my intention, sorry! I was just amazed that Riley passed. I'm sure Payton will do fine!

monkeys23

Oh Riley.:rofl1:

I am such a slacker, I need to just up and do the CGC one of these days. Little worried abou the neutral dog meeting + Scout, but knowing her she'll shock me and be totally non-reactive in that circumstance. And my luck Lily would be like ZOMG friend! :rolleyes:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Any ideas if the test will now become more stringent because it's going to be a titles?

Backup passed as a puppy, these days he would have trouble since he hates strangers touching him most of the time.

Saeleofu

What are the requirements for the supervised separation? Like, are they allowed to whine a bit, and look curious as to where I am, or do they just have to sit there? Can he still see me?
They can't vocalize the whole time, but if they whine a bit or bark once or twice it's fine. They can look in the direction you went, but they will not be able to see you. Basically, if they don't throw a fit or run off, they'll be fine. Logan barked once and still passed.

Members online