What Happened to the Grammy Thread???

Brattina88

I'm interested in why the OP was banned(but, I can kind of see why), but I'm really not wanting to start anything. So, I'll leave it at that.

Personally? The best place for the Grammy thread is the rainbow bridge. Because, it is subforum dedicated to any pets that we've lost. So, it does make to put it sense.

See, I'm torn on this. Because Grammy spent a lot of time in the fire hydrant! :) I can remember reading her FH posts very fondly. :p
The rainbow bridge forum would seem like a suitable place, but Grammy was not a dog or a pet, and maybe it's a (my) family thing but that's kind of offensive to me in a way... Dog or a pet .... I do wish that description could be changed if that's where the mods choose to leave the sticky.

And why blue was banned really has nothing to do with the placement of Grammys thread. Considering Grammy passed in 2010 and others' join dates are not until 2013, I understand why some would be really passionate about this topic and some not as much.

Kinda like Laur said
I am also glad there is a memorial thread kept. One of my friends in real life was a member of another board and none was kept for her after she passed away. She was a long time poster with a lot of friends and gave out countless advice and in time it just faded away... I've brought it back on the anniversary of her death but just falls to the back again because the newer posters didn't know her. Makes me sad.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Quite the uproar.

As I said before, the thread can be anywhere. Rainbow Bridge seemed appropriate, but there is already a memorial thread in there (the one about the funeral home memory page). I moved it back to the FH. Grammy loved the forum, her "kids", the pets and everyone. She'd hate to see anyone upset over something seemingly silly.

So, for Grammy, I've moved it back.

Grab

I do think it's wonderful that the thread has been kept open and stickied so it can be easily found. I am not sure why someone's panties are in a bunch over which forum it is in, though. *shrug*.

Grab

I was here when she was as well, and she was a wonderful person. It doesn't change the fact that it is just as easy to click on one part of the forum as another...particularly if you're just coming TO view that thread..

Brattina88

Quite the uproar.

As I said before, the thread can be anywhere. Rainbow Bridge seemed appropriate, but there is already a memorial thread in there (the one about the funeral home memory page). I moved it back to the FH. Grammy loved the forum, her "kids", the pets and everyone. She'd hate to see anyone upset over something seemingly silly.

So, for Grammy, I've moved it back.
:) :hail: thanks eddie

And yes I agree, let's not fight over something silly. Grammy wouldn't want that :p lol

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
If anyone had a sense of humour and didn't like a fuss it was Grammy. She'd probably be rolling her eyes at this kafuffle over her....

I don't think she'd mind one jot where her thread was and be quite embarrassed there even was one!! I'm imagining what wide words she'd be giving blue right now :)

I think the rainbow bridge is perfect. She'd be with her beloved dogs.

Members online