TOki's new Kong toy.

candy722

Me and my Bf went to Petsmart today and I finally got him a Kong toy with Kong stuff'n. I put the so called stuff'n on the Kong that only made Toki lick the entire thing off. He did not eve bite onto it to clean his teeth. He literally licked it off and left it aside and would not play with it anymore. DOes anyone have this toy?

I have a Kong for my Puppy. I got mine at ''Super-Pet'' And she loves it!
I have never heard of Kong stuffing, but I ussually just put some of her kibble in it (Her dinner or breakfast) and she has a blast, playing with it and eating. I also sometimes put some ''Cheez-Whiz'' in it, and then we put her in her daytime cage(<It is bigger then her nightime one) And she has a ball licking out all of the Cheez-Whiz! Maybe you could try some of this, i hope this is help! :)

Peanut butter is another good thing to stuff a Kong. You might want to at least alternate with Cheez-Whiz because the Cheez-Whiz can be very constipating.

Don't get discouraged; sometimes it takes awhile for a pup to start playing with a new toy, and even if he doesn't actually "play" with her Kong, it's still a good tool to use when you need to keep him quiet or distract him, just don't over use it so that it's not really a treat anymore.

Thanks for the tip Rennee! Although i might have forgotten to say that she hardly ever uses it, mostly only when she is ebeing a good girl :) But i will try that! Thanks! :p

bogolove

Brady had one and it took him a while to get the hang of it when he was a pup. I stuffed it with peanut butter and all natural milk bones and he loved it after a while. He eventually loved it so much that he destroyed it. Give it some time, your pup will get the hang of it. someone else had this problem on here and I told them that you just have to remember that up until the day you gave it to your pup, she had never seen anything like that, and they just have to figure stuff out. So don't worry, she will get it!

candy722

I ended up giving the Kong to my BF's 2 yorkies and they both lick the kong all day until the stuff'n was gone. After is was gone they left it alone. They did the same thing as Toki did not bite onto it. We are returning Kong tomorrow. Any other suggestions on toys that will help doggies clean their tooth? I do brush my dog's tooth 1-2 times a week.

chell78

Kongs are ideal for dogs to keep them amused and not get bored alot of dogs dont chew on them, only like to lick out the inside ingredients, If its her teeth you are concerned about, giving them RAW bones may help encourage chewing, If there is already plaque on the teeth however this will not remove it, That will need to be done by a vet with a proper scaler, but to prevent tarter and plaque build up any toys or raw bones they can chew on are the best idea, I see you already brush his teeth thats a start keep that up, Do you use a doggie toothpaste? I hope so human toothpaste is too strong for dogs.

candy722

Yes I do use doggie toothpaste I started him very early at 12 weeks old. The hardest part is brushing his molars. IT's very hard for me to brush the inside because he would not open his mouth. Do you guys take your dogs for annual tooth cleaning? HOw much does that go for?

chell78

yep its very hard to brush there teeth hey but it does pay off in the long run, I work in a vet clinic and we charge about $150- 200 for a basic scale and polish that includes the anaesthetic and pain relief as well, You can understand how we have to give them an anaesthetic as they dont lie there still with there mouths open like we would at a dentist, any way if there is no plaque on teeth, you dont really need them cleaned every year just get your vet to check them every year when he goes in for his yearly check up they will tell you whether or not they need a scale and polish :)

Members online

No members online now.