Orson leaves in one hour

ACooper

for his neuter :(

I am so nervous and nauseous.

ONE BIG reason is that he is the type of dog that barfs up bile when he doesn't get to eat on time, and since he hasn't been able to eat or drink since last night, what happens if he does that during surgery? ACK........I just want this OVER!

*wrings hands and paces*

A

Angel Chicken

Everything will be ok, Momma! I promise :)

If he does puke up bile while under (which I doubt will happen, but I'm not a vet so don't take my word for it), I'm sure they'll have it under control :)

ACooper

Well if he aspirates into his lungs while under that normally means death or pneumonia and THEN death :eek:
(that's the reason you can't eat or drink before surgery)

I just can't take this pressure!

A

Angel Chicken

Have you told the vet about this? Just so they will be aware in case it does happen? Then, they will be better prepared to possibly fix it if it does happen?

Gah, listen at me... I'm sure everything will be ok, Angie-Poo. I'll have you in my thoughts, and when you find out how he did in surgery, get your butt on MSN and tell me.

Now, take deep breaths... deep breaths...

I have to take Johnny to get more warts done this morning... o voy... this will be fun...

noludoru

Bored Now.
Coop, relax. You're going to have him FREAKED out if you work yourself up before you leave, and that's very bad. The time for you to flip out and panic is in the car after Orson is safely at the vet's. Then you can do whatever you like. Right now go spend some time with him and cuddle, k? It will make both of you feel better.

ACooper

Oh I know, you are both right. And I plan on REPEATING Orson's stomach issues to the Vet when I go in.

Right now he is whining because he KNOWS it's time for breakfast and he thinks I have my lazy butt on the computer NOT feeding him :( *sigh* Gah, my tummy is in knots!

I wasn't this nervous when his ears were done, but he didn't have the bile problem when he was little :(

A

Angel Chicken

There Angie, something to get it off your mind... I just reported a lovely post in the Breeder forum :)

Chewbecca

feel the magic
aw, Coop! I'm sure he'll be fine. You sound like any of us here, though, we all panic when our dogs go in for procedures. Are you having them give him IV fluids while he's under?
I know that won't fill his tummy, but maybe keeping him hydrated will reduce the chances of him throwing up bile? I don't know, but I'm sure he'll be fine.
Good luck!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Awww.... stop thinking about breakfast and cuddle with him, silly. You can play the game of "attack the sleeping family members with kisses and paw-smacks." It's so much fun and will get your mind off of things!

ACooper

There Angie, something to get it off your mind... I just reported a lovely post in the Breeder forum :)
:lol-sign: Can't help you there.............I am not a mod in that one :D

Ok, I am out of here until I come back from the Vet.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh, you're a good mom worrying about her boy. I'm sending good vibes Orson's way. I know he will be so happy when the surgery is over too. Let us know when he's finished with surgery. Does he get to come home tonight or does he have to stay overnight?

ACooper

I am back from dropping him off, all the ladies (4 this morning) made a fuss over him which swelled his head and caused his pony prance to appear :rolleyes:

He hopped onto the scale and done his best sit/stay and shot me a look that said "FINALLY, people who appreciate my studlyness"...........Gah, what a turkey he is!

He doesn't have to stay all night, barring complications of course, he will come home this afternoon/evening.

Now I am just going to sit by the phone and wait for the call.

ACooper

I'll try not to Grammy, LOL, I just scared the crap out of my son though :D

I heard *beep beep beep* of the phone dialing from his room and burst in there to tell him to "KEEP THE LINE CLEAR FOR ORSON'S DOCTOR"

He nearly crapped his pants! LMAO.........Ah, it was so worth it!

Coop . . . . . . you''re gonna be fine. Orson's gonna be fine - a little pouty and sorry for himself for a few days, and he's gonna make you feel like a real first-class sh1t, but you'll both be fine. ;)

Oh, and have fun with a drunk dog later this afternoon :D

ACooper

LOL, well I already feel like a first class sh1t so he won't have to try to hard!

At this very moment I have some chicken cooking for his return, as soon as he can eat it THAT will go a long way to cheering him up ;) If that doesn't do it, I will lightly brown him a rib eye from the freezer :D

ACooper

Heheheheh........Keep talking, you are the only one who *might* be half convinced!

I know you wouldn't get 2 blocks before you were coming back for her :D

Members online

No members online now.