Can you guess the breed?

S

Squishy22

Hello, I am new. I just wanted to post some pics of my new puppy. I take him to the dog park and his breed is often mistaken. Very few people get it correct. He is 10 weeks old and 16 pounds. Any guesses?

Maxy24

one of the bully breeds but which one I'm not sure :confused: Or I could be completely wrong :p But he's a purebred right? Is it a rare breed? I'll just say APBT even though that's probably wrong it was worth a try, Oh well I'm no good at guessing breeds :eek:

Brattina88

It's very hard for me to tell when they're pups, especially this young. If I had to guess, I'd say American Bulldog (?) :)

Cute regardless!!

S

Squishy22

Here is the best head shot I have right now. He is pure bred and far from being rare.

Saje

Island dweller
I see a bit of bull terrier in some of the photos but not enough to make me think purebred. It's tough to tell at such a young age. Looks like he's going to get pretty big though. :)

I can't tell the head shape. In pups so many of the bull breeds look alike (and yes, I do have a bull breed puppy myself). My pup was 17 pounds at 12 weeks, so I'll have to say yours is AB perhaps?

The problem is even within the bull breeds (example: Johnson vs. Scott-type ABs) there can be a HUGE difference in conformation. Even within litters! A woman down the street from me has a male and female AB from the same litter, and the female is the size of, and has the looks of, an APBT.

I get APBT and Boxer a lot when people see my pup. I've gotten AB twice. I don't expect anyone to know she's an ABBB (or ever know what one is!), I just take that as an opportunity to educate them on bull breeds.

S

Squishy22

Reggin is an american pitbull terrier. Pure bred. Most people think he is an american bulldog or boxer. I dont see boxer at all, lol. one man thought he was a jack russel terrier. The other day a lady tried to argue with me that he is part boxer, eventhought I know his parents.

I had a rottweiler a few years ago, so I am used to people knowing the breed right away. Its obviously harder to guess bully breeds though.

Thanks for everyones guesses!! :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think most people say Am Bull because many/most APBT's don't have quite that much white on them. He's quite cute though!

Maxy24

Yay I was right! I was not sure because I have not seen many that color but a family down the street has one with the natural ears and she looks just like your little pup. Quite a cute dog :D

Reggin is an american pitbull terrier. Pure bred. Most people think he is an american bulldog or boxer. I dont see boxer at all, lol. one man thought he was a jack russel terrier. The other day a lady tried to argue with me that he is part boxer, eventhought I know his parents.

I had a rottweiler a few years ago, so I am used to people knowing the breed right away. Its obviously harder to guess bully breeds though.

Thanks for everyones guesses!! :D
How big are his parents?

S

savethebulliedbreeds

85 pounds is aweful big for an APBT. My little Maisey (APBT) is 14 weeks and weighs 15 pounds. She is still a little underweight though. When we got her two weeks ago I would have pegged her at about 9 pounds. Or whatever skin and bones can weigh on such a small puppy.

Congrats your new baby is adorable. Here is a picture of Maisey for you. This is her at 12 weeks.

S

Squishy22

85 pounds is aweful big for an APBT. My little Maisey (APBT) is 14 weeks and weighs 15 pounds. She is still a little underweight though. When we got her two weeks ago I would have pegged her at about 9 pounds. Or whatever skin and bones can weigh on such a small puppy.

Congrats your new baby is adorable. Here is a picture of Maisey for you. This is her at 12 weeks.

Very true. I actually like the smaller pits, because they are more athletic. Maisey is a beauty! Here are pics of his parents... his dad is the white one.

I was gonna say American Bulldog. Some lines though of both APBT and AB are so outcrossed with other breeds that its really hard to call them ""purebred"" or sometimes recessive genes from an outcross done way back in the pedigree can pop up later on

Members online

No members online now.