The Good News thread

joce

They found two girls(and more) that have been missing for about ten years. Never thought they would find them alive. Didn't think I'd cry over them being found but its been so sad with their parents dying and not knowing etc.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Getting new living room furniture on Wednesday and I'm going tomorrow to get a love seat for my bedroom! It's adorable and I love it! I found it on Craigslist for a steal and I need some seating in my room to watch tv. I'm so excited for tomorrow and Wednesday!!

My new love seat for my room:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I was sore from yesterday and was dreading doing my cardio today, but I actually feel better. My left shoulder and arm and my neck were all particularly ouchy and now they're fine. Yay exercise!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just bought a Manner's Minder for Payton. Yay!! I found one used so I saved like $20.

Also I just bought a Manner's Minder for Payton. Booooo. I found one used so I saved like $20... but still, yeouch. **** dog better appreciate it. Happy birthday, here's a thing to throw treats at you if you behave.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Last night we stayed at the beach hut, today was GLORIOUS weather. I took Bodhi for a bike ride in the forest (I'm sooooooo unfit). Then I started reading a book while the carpet fitters were in. We have finished carpeting/vinyl-ing! It looks fab, and the vinyl will really help combat the dog effect in the house :D

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I am taking full advantage of being in a solo office right now to completely f*ck off. I have a bag full of energy drinks and just might order pad thai for lunch.

GipsyQueen

While this week is really crappy.... puppies keep getting cuter and cuter :p
Also we may have a name. ;) Registered name has been set for a while, but her calling name was a bit undecided.

FUZZIEST PUPPY. Want. When we visited the breeders she fell right asleep in my arms.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Micheal just left to go out of town for the night and when I walked by my purse (to get on the computer), I saw part of a check sticking out from the top of the purse. Confused, I took it out and looked at it...he wrote me a check and titled the reason as "The Puppy Fund".

******* just made me cry. God, I love him.

Organic chemistry final went a lot better than I was expecting! One more final, one more art critique, then I'm out of here. And I'm going to go see The Great Gatsby on Friday, AND I've got my summer work schedule figured out. Things are coming together and I like it.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I'm having a lovely week :)

Saturday we went to a huuuuuge antique fair. Monday we stayed at our beach hut in the lovely sun! Tuesday I had a forest bike ride and had the rest of our carpets fitted. Today we went for a drive to north Wales, went to an aquarium and a small zoo, and they have a lemur enclosure that is LOVELY and they are free and one jumped on my head zomg!!! Tomorrow I'm having a lazy day, then we are having a 6 course meal cooked by a Michelin star chef (very very good)! Friday we are going down the slate mines and hopefully on a mile long zip wire! Or something... Then another antiques fair at the weekend, and a museum to visit next week :D and I don't go back to work till the 20th :)

We were meant to be away this week, but couldn't go. Decided to do stuff from home. Been brill!

Finally, some nice stuff.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I'm having a lovely week :)

Saturday we went to a huuuuuge antique fair. Monday we stayed at our beach hut in the lovely sun! Tuesday I had a forest bike ride and had the rest of our carpets fitted. Today we went for a drive to north Wales, went to an aquarium and a small zoo, and they have a lemur enclosure that is LOVELY and they are free and one jumped on my head zomg!!! Tomorrow I'm having a lazy day, then we are having a 6 course meal cooked by a Michelin star chef (very very good)! Friday we are going down the slate mines and hopefully on a mile long zip wire! Or something... Then another antiques fair at the weekend, and a museum to visit next week :D and I don't go back to work till the 20th :)

We were meant to be away this week, but couldn't go. Decided to do stuff from home. Been brill!

Finally, some nice stuff.
Oh, wow that just sounds so lovely. I'm jelly.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Tomorrow I'm taking the dogs in to work to get HW tests done at cost. And pick up some wormer and hw meds. It'll run me 1/4 of what the vet would've charged, and it'll just come out of my checks later down the line.

BOO YEAH.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Camera is here, in perfect condition, as is the lens. It's yucky today, but I'll get myself acclimated to it, and tomorrow, the pictures shall cometh.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We had a client come in today to pick up her dog's ashes, and with her she brought a thank you card and a plate of freshly baked cookies (fo real, they were still hot and gooey). In the thank you card I got a special shout out for "taking the time to help make Jake comfortable," since I'm the one that placed his IV and loved on him in the process... it was just a really nice reminder of what drew me to this field. I was appreciative of the techs when Molly was euthanized. I have bad days where I am just like ARGH ANIMALS AND PEOPLE ENOUGH, and that Saturday in particular was out of control crazy and I was frustrated and stressed... but maybe it's worth it.

Members online