Pictures of my Goldfish (Orandas)

sammgirl

ACoops favorite

This is Clancy (we've renamed them about 5 times)

This is Gacy. We're not sure he's a pure bred oranda. Not that I care, but I just am curious about whether different types of goldfish can cross breed. He looks like an Oranda/Ryukin mix.

See? this is Gacy again. He's just shaped differently then the other fish, but he's very healthy.

This is Charlie. He was a red cap, but now he's turning orange.

Clancy again.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
This is what they looked like when they were younger...notice how they're NOT all orange??

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Last edited:

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Thanks!! I love them too! They were soooo small when I bought them, but they've really grown up alot. They've lost most of their color- as you can see, they were black and orange when I bought them, and now...well...they're totally orange. ;)

We have 2 goldfish that are probably 6 years old now! One is a red cap and the other is just a regular one. I love the mustache on Gacy...thats the reason we chose one of ours but it soon disappeared :( Later we found out however that the black on goldfish is usually due to high ammonia levels (ammonia burn) which is why it usually goes away after your bring them home from the pet stores and give them better water quality. So its definitely a good thing!

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
We have 2 goldfish that are probably 6 years old now! One is a red cap and the other is just a regular one. I love the mustache on Gacy...thats the reason we chose one of ours but it soon disappeared :( Later we found out however that the black on goldfish is usually due to high ammonia levels (ammonia burn) which is why it usually goes away after your bring them home from the pet stores and give them better water quality. So its definitely a good thing!
Oh, very cool!!! Yeah, the black started to fade almost immediately... We were disappointed, because they were SO CUTE when they had black caps and little black mustaches. :)

Good to know about the ammonia. :) That's always a battle with goldfish. We have used ammonia reducing chemicals, but I prefer just to keep the tank cycling normally b/c I think it's healthier.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Clancy's face is precious! I love those guys. I wish we could get some of the more deformed/awesome kinds, :D but they would probably get picked on by our koi and shubunkin.

I guess if you like black, there are always shubunkins. Ours is almost totally orange with awesome black markings. I do want to get a sarassa comet, but haven't found "the one" yet.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Coolios! I have goldies too..

Gacy looks kinda like a Pearlscale to me.. Depending on his age, possibly a crown pearlscale..

I have.. 2 Ryukin.. One orange and white, one black and silver..

2 Lionsheads one totally silver, one orange and white, 3 Harlequin japanese fantails, 2 yellow goldfish and 2 orange.. And I have a couple of Koi.

I had a yellow Pearlscale but she died not so long ago.. I have no idea why though, she was fine one day and dead the next..

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
Clancy's face is precious! I love those guys. I wish we could get some of the more deformed/awesome kinds, but they would probably get picked on by our koi and shubunkin.

I guess if you like black, there are always shubunkins. Ours is almost totally orange with awesome black markings. I do want to get a sarassa comet, but haven't found "the one" yet.
Awww!!! Thanks! Yes, I do love shubunkins. I WOULD get one, but I only found out about them after I got the orandas, and I read that the shubunkins can't be kept in the same tank as the "fancy" goldfish (Orandas are like giant, slow moving cows with big fins, LOL and shubunkins and comets are well...faster moving I guess).

Ooooo!!! The sarassas are beautiful!!! I can see why you want one!

Coolios! I have goldies too..

Gacy looks kinda like a Pearlscale to me.. Depending on his age, possibly a crown pearlscale..

I have.. 2 Ryukin.. One orange and white, one black and silver..

2 Lionsheads one totally silver, one orange and white, 3 Harlequin japanese fantails, 2 yellow goldfish and 2 orange.. And I have a couple of Koi.

I had a yellow Pearlscale but she died not so long ago.. I have no idea why though, she was fine one day and dead the next..
Yeah, the fancy goldies are very hard to keep. It seems like things have to be juuuuuuust right in the aquarium or before you know it you've got a tank full of sick fish.

Gacy could very well be a pearl scale mix of some kind. He sure doesn't look like an oranda to me.

I do love pearl scales...almost got one instead of another oranda, but I just decided to stick wtih the orandas...

Koi are another fish I'm fascinated with. All of the Japanese/Chinese goldies are just gorgeous and they seem to grow so fast and get sooooooo big!!!!!

709Juggalette

Beagle Foster Mom
They are beautiful!
I love fancy goldfish.I don't currently have any,but used to have orandas,a lionhead,a bubble eye,a celestial,shubunkins,sarassas,black moores and regular comet and common goldfish.

Members online

No members online now.