Hiro needs vibes.... vet appointment.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
What could cause these types of problems? Recently when Hiro first wakes up in the morning he's very very clumsy. Today he fell over several times, always to the left. We have noticed he's been scratching at his ears a lot. You think it could be an inner ear infection? We're really concerned and getting him a vet appointment right now but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Now he's acting fine... *Sigh*

He goes in at 2:50 this afternoon and we're going to get him checked out. I really hope it's not anything serious.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
What is it with these puppies?

Prayers that Hiro is fine ((((hugs)))

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
And he only does it in the morning? I thought ear infection right off the bat, but I don't know since it only happens in the morning...

If they do say ear infection I suggest saving your money on their meds and making some Blue Power Ear Wash. Works so much faster than anything the vet has ever given me.

Poor Hiro :( ~~~VIBES~~~

Ear infection would be my guess, too. He probably adjusts to it as the day wears on, but in the mornings, when he wakes up he's getting the full effects.

Good vibes for Hiro, and a few (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) for you.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well, not only in the morning, but when he first gets up after a nap or lying down a long time. When he first stands up his balance is a bit off then when he's up a bit it's fine and he has no problems. :confused:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
inner ear problem..sorry..it messes with my balance too. HE probably has a built up of fluid and when he lays down it is that much worse. I am ok as long as i am level but let me lay down and i have room spins.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Could be an ear infection? I hope he's okay! And I agree with PW about the Blue Power Ear Wash.. you wouldn't believe the stuff that came out of Anaya's ears! :yikes:

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
poor wee man...good vibes. Maybe he just can't hold those ears up? :)

But seriously how's his blood sugar? Perhaps it falls during sleep and a snack right away upon waking might help?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks guys. I will let you know what the vet says. Hopefully we can figure out what it is.

I know I'm probably overreacting but after Harry I'm paranoid about every little thing wrong with him. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I know I'm probably overreacting but after Harry I'm paranoid about every little thing wrong with him. :(
I don't blame you one bit. That was my first thought too and they aren't even my dogs. =<

It does sound like he might have something going on with the ear that throws off his balance. Hopefully it's nothing too serious... I've heard a lot of different things about inner ear problems and stuff. Apparently there's something they can do to get the "stuff" inside the ear re-settled and fix the dizziness, at least for a good while, and then they just have to do it again... like, turning somebody upside down and stuff like that.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I agree with the others - sounds like an inner ear thing. Poor dude, I hope he gets better soon.

Gawd, did a bulletin go out to all of our dogs this week, advising them to scare the cr@p out of us with injuries??? Seems like ALL Chazzer dogs are getting sick/hurt/etc.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I agree with the others - sounds like an inner ear thing. Poor dude, I hope he gets better soon.

Gawd, did a bulletin go out to all of our dogs this week, advising them to scare the cr@p out of us with injuries??? Seems like ALL Chazzer dogs are getting sick/hurt/etc.
I don't know! Sure seems like it!

Anyways, we're off to the vet in a few. We shall let ya'll know asap.

Members online