The Good News thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I had a client in at work to day ask if she could just take me home with her. Lol It's always nice to get such positive feedback from the people you are trying to help. Making that good relationship is just so rewarding and I love making things that much easier for other people.

Equinox

Just got back half a year's worth of reimbursements for utilities from the landlord. Which is awesome. Really, really awesome.

The responsible thing to do would be to tuck it away for next month's rent... but I really want to buy things :eek:

Saeleofu

I had my mid-point review for my practicum today...the senior keeper told me that if she had a position open, she would hire me :D

Also got an email for one of my supervisors in my work department, and it was telling me again how thankful she is I work there, and how good of a job I'm doing with the animals (this was sparked by me walking into the animal room at 9pm and going "WHOA THE LIGHTS ARE ALL ON STILL!" when they're supposed to be on timers...so I fixed it). Also because I noticed a little discharge in a turtle's eye that turned out to be Kind Of A Big Deal, but they were impressed I even noticed it (it's a tiny, tiny injury on a small turtle, but it definitely needed treatment). She also told me I'm the only one she trusts to cover animal care for her when she has to be elsewhere (such as classes and programs)

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty awesome :rofl1:

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
I had my mid-point review for my practicum today...the senior keeper told me that if she had a position open, she would hire me :D

Also got an email for one of my supervisors in my work department, and it was telling me again how thankful she is I work there, and how good of a job I'm doing with the animals (this was sparked by me walking into the animal room at 9pm and going "WHOA THE LIGHTS ARE ALL ON STILL!" when they're supposed to be on timers...so I fixed it). Also because I noticed a little discharge in a turtle's eye that turned out to be Kind Of A Big Deal, but they were impressed I even noticed it (it's a tiny, tiny injury on a small turtle, but it definitely needed treatment). She also told me I'm the only one she trusts to cover animal care for her when she has to be elsewhere (such as classes and programs)

So, yeah, I'm feeling pretty awesome :rofl1:
I just finished my second day off caffeine AND the first day of my period without ripping someone's face off or randomly bursting into tears!

You guys rock!

My cold is starting to go away. :D

DJEtzel

Aaaaahhh BC Nationals trip planned! So excitedddd why does it have to be so far away!? I can't wait till September. So many border collie things!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Trip planning in the making... the neurotic, control freak, part of me is panicked but the normal and rational part of me is super excited.

Hopefully the details work out!

Saeleofu

I just bought a pair of Treksports for $35. My last 2 pairs of VFFs were KSOs and they only lasted about 8 months each before walking through the sole. Hopefully this different design will make it last longer. But I NEED these shoes because I was told I can wear them to work at the zoo. WOOHOO!

Also, I still totally wear both my old pairs of VFFs. I mean, that much closer to barefoot, right? ;)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I love my little weasel. He's come so freaking far and I'm just so fecking proud of him. That is all.

Hopefully Danielle doesn't mind me sharing this.

ETA: If you look real close, you can see his nub going a million miles an hour.

Just proud of my 4H kids :) They've come so far this year.

Also, I think we've taken over the club...a lot of other clubs in the area are dominated by shelties, aussies, and BCs, but I think we're going to end up with more longhaired whippets than anything else, haha. There are three already (Journey, her littermate, and another dog from Cricket's breeder), a local girl is going to be borrowing Cricket in the fall, and two other members are hopefully getting puppies this summer (they will be Cricket's grandkids, coincidentally). The masses have been successfully converted.

DJEtzel

I love my little weasel. He's come so freaking far and I'm just so fecking proud of him. That is all.

Hopefully Danielle doesn't mind me sharing this.

ETA: If you look real close, you can see his nub going a million miles an hour.
Haha, I don't mind at all, you should be proud of him! but man... who took that crappy picture? :/

Members online

No members online now.