Most and least desired travel destination!

ACooper

*Inspired by a comment from Miakoda on Dizzy's China thread* :)

Just as the title says, what is your number ONE--------yes, pick one cause listing a bunch is easy and doesn't force you to your main choice!-----most desired place to visit.

Then the flip side, your LEAST favorite place to visit.

For all the traveling (and childhood relocating) I've done, I have never visited Mount Rushmore! So for my immediate future that is my number one planned destination. May sound boring, but IMO, getting there is going to be an awesome road trip!

Least desired? Hmmmmmmmm, I guess that would probably be Africa? IDK, sounds hot, poisonous, and dangerous in general, LOL.......all the things I disliked about living in the southwest! Perhaps my vision of the continent is incorrect, but that is lowest on my list as of now. As I mentioned in the other thread too, I have no desire to leave the North American continent. I'd say most of that is due to the insanity of our airline 'security' but I don't see myself off this continent before I die (of course if my kids move off the continent, that will change! LOL)

Well I'm headed off to Africa in September, but I don't think it's my most or least desired destination...I just think it's an opportunity that I will *never* get again, so I had to take it!

As for most-desired...probably Croatia. I would love to visit the villages where my grandfather and father grew up. And the beaches are beautiful.

Least...to be honest probably the Orient...China especially just does not appeal to me as a travel destination for whatever reason.

Lyzelle

Italy has always been my top favorite want to go place...but I'm going to be living there next year. So...next one is New Zealand.

Least favorite...Memphis. Hated it. Never want to go back. Ever.

Kimbers

I'd love to track down some family members in Sweden. My uncle did and said it was the best trip of his life. Plus it's pretty, the right temperature, and full of fun history.

I can't think of many places outside of the states I don't want to visit. Nevada is the last place on earth I'll spend more than a day driving through, though. Not my cup of tea. At all.

Toller_08

Most desired place to visit: Australia. I've wanted to go to Australia forever. Africa is a close second.

Least desired place to visit: China.

CaliTerp07

I'm thrilled that every time I've had a "most desired" place, we have gone so I could check it off a list :) Italy, Egypt, and now Russia. I think my new fascination is South America. I want to sail down the Amazon, or go to the Galapagos. Or I really want to make it to Europe during a major soccer tournament--I think that would be awesome! Or go up through Norway and the fjords. Or an African safari. Or a cruise through China/Japan/Korea. OMG I have way too many trips planned and not enough time or money to take them all!

Least desired is probably the landlocked portion of this country. I've spent enough time in some of the states to know I don't have a desire to go to the others.

K

Kaydee

Most is Thailand, I'd love to meet my daughter in laws family, so many relics, such great food, so many cats-my son says the monks feed the strays and everywhere there are cats...fabulous beaches, the temples, the shopping...

Least is India. the food from the region is my absolute favorite but...the bare bones poverty, the dirt and disease, the language barrier, women as fourth class citizens, the predictable "Delhi Belly". I'll stick to local restaurants and learning to cook the cuisine.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Least is India. the food from the region is my absolute favorite but...the bare bones poverty, the dirt and disease, the language barrier, women as fourth class citizens, the predictable "Delhi Belly". I'll stick to local restaurants and learning to cook the cuisine.
Indian food is my favorite, but I'm not sure I'd like to visit either for all of the reasons listed.

Everyone I've known who has been there suffered with "Delhi Belly." Yuck.

Picklepaige

My most is Alaska. So pretty, fabulous temperature, and I adore the wildlife (wolves, eagles, bears, orcas, etc.)

Least is probably India. Way way too crowded. I prefer vacations where I can be by myself and enjoy nature :)

Xandra

Most is so hard... So I'll just pick East Africa.

Least... Also hard, I wanna go everywhere... I guess Manitoba or Saskatchewan

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Though I've always wanted to go on a safari in Kenya, I'd have to say my favorite place is:

Seychelles Islands! I want to visit there so bad. It is so gorgeous and I just wanna go on a island where no one can find me for a little while:lol-sign:

As for places I least prefer? Probably China. However, if given the opportunity to visit I'd probably go!

Most?

I need another trip to the desert. Maybe Death Valley/Grand Canyon.

Iceland IS good, but Oregon has sapped all my desire to revisit some place cold and wet.

Least? Disney!

yoko

Most is this house in the middle of no where in new mexico. No people for miles, not humid hot and nice cool evenings, tons of hiking areas and yoshi loved it.

Least either a big city like new york our las vegas out anywhere outside the us. Everyone I have met from out of country just spent the entire conversation talking about how horrible the us was and how happy I would be to leave. My idea of a good time isn't to cut my self off from all friends and family to surround myself with people who hate me because they think they know my country.

Most: Oh this is really tough! I would have to say British Columbia. I have always wanted to just take 2 months off and road trip all the way to BC and hike everywhere possible and maybe finally see some Orca's.

Least: China, the high population and pollution don't appeal. Give me clean mountain air any day.

Members online

No members online now.