Need some opinions please!

Which is most suitable for an official registered / show name?

• Colray's Mercury Rising

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Colray's Going Platinum

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Colray's Platinum Perfection

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Colray's Slated for Success

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Colray's Titanium Blade

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Colray's Slate Sensation

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
OK, so I was going to post this in the general dog forum, but it didn't give me the option, so here it is!

As I mentioned in another post, I'm currently trying to determine a suitable registered name for the Weimaraner puppy I'll be getting in a few short weeks.

Given that he will likely look much like the photo below (this is his Dad) which of the names in the poll do you like the most?

Or if there's a different one you think would suit him (30 characters or less including the kennel name), then shoot! I'm open to suggestions! :)

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
That one does seem to be a hit.

I was afraid it was kind of hokey to go with the colour theme (platinum, slate, mercury, titanium) given that's it's for a Weim, but I think they're pretty classy-sounding.

shazbot

not so newby
I'm kinda stuck on 2 names, I like Colray's Slate Sensation and Mercury Rising...

~Janessa

Red Hot Chilli Paws
Titanium Blade! Which is weird, because my friend Rachael has 2 dogs named Titanium and Blade. XD But it seems really cool. For short you can call him Titan or Blade or Titus. >.> -shuts up-

noludoru

Bored Now.
Mercury Rising ROCKS. His call name should be "Rise," lol! I bet you'll never find anyone with a dog who has the same name! And his dad? GORGEOUS. He's just an amazing looking Weim.

wishbone

Titanium Blade seemed more mature and more competitive name, I'll vote for it. Good luck.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Mercury Rising ROCKS. His call name should be "Rise," lol! I bet you'll never find anyone with a dog who has the same name! And his dad? GORGEOUS. He's just an amazing looking Weim.
I was thinking more like "Merc" lol but Rise is cool to! ^_^

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Titanium Blade! Which is weird, because my friend Rachael has 2 dogs named Titanium and Blade. XD But it seems really cool. For short you can call him Titan or Blade or Titus. >.> -shuts up-

Well, his call name will either be Grayson or Slade. The first three names in the poll are informally for if I go with Grayson, and the last three are informally for if I go with Slade. So if I go with "Titanium Blade", at the very least, it'll rhyme! LOL

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
OK, so I did a little bit of digging, and it seems that "Mercury Rising" is already registered in the CKC. And since they don't allow duplicate registered names . . . I may have to chose another (unless they factor the kennel name in the duplicate criteria, in which case I may get away with it).

I do like the "Mercury" reference though - it's kind of . . . regal . . . in a way.

Any other sugestions containing or referring to "mercury"? I wish it could include, resemble, or rhyme with Grayson (the call name), but I haven't found a way to do that in a way that didn't sound dumb.

Ideas?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I really like Mercury Rising, too. = )

I know... at least for the AKC... that duplicate names include the kennel name, so it should be perfectly fine if other dogs with different prefixes have Mercury Rising in their name.

I can't think of any other Mercury names. Besides Freddie Mercury. hehe.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yeah, Kennel name counts. You're safe.

His dad's eyes.. holy crap. They're amazing. Blue eyes on a Weim is something I've never seen before. Is it common in Weims?

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
I really like Mercury Rising, too. = )

I know... at least for the AKC... that duplicate names include the kennel name, so it should be perfectly fine if other dogs with different prefixes have Mercury Rising in their name.

I can't think of any other Mercury names. Besides Freddie Mercury. hehe.

I hope that's the case, as I do like the name - admittedly, I feel distinctly un-original now. LOL

It's funny that you reference Freddie Mercury; I had contemplated "Colray's Call Me Mr. Mercury". :) But I kinda went away from it, because so few people would "get it".

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Yeah, Kennel name counts. You're safe.

His dad's eyes.. holy crap. They're amazing. Blue eyes on a Weim is something I've never seen before. Is it common in Weims?
It is. Just not as common as amber. The breed standard states this under faults:

"Eyes any other colour than grey, blue-grey or light amber."

Some people find the blue or ice-white eyes disturbing or "creepy", but I absolutely love them. I hope my puppy gets his Dad's eyes (his Mom's are amber).

Staff online

Members online