The Good News thread

Taqroy

A seller on Amazon sent me a size 8 crochet hook instead of size 8 knitting needles. After some haggling with the Amazon rep in which I did not just accept a refund because I *really* wanted those needles and because I bundled the order to get free shipping, I get to keep the crochet hook and they're sending me new needles with free 2 day shipping.

So I basically got a very pretty wooden crochet hook for free. Yay.

Saeleofu

A seller on Amazon sent me a size 8 crochet hook instead of size 8 knitting needles. After some haggling with the Amazon rep in which I did not just accept a refund because I *really* wanted those needles and because I bundled the order to get free shipping, I get to keep the crochet hook and they're sending me new needles with free 2 day shipping.

My experience with Amazon is that more often than not, they'll tell you to keep whatever they screwed up AND they'll send you the right thing. I suspect shipping is why, because on the rare occasion I have had to return something, they paid for return shipping.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
My experience with Amazon is that more often than not, they'll tell you to keep whatever they screwed up AND they'll send you the right thing. I suspect shipping is why, because on the rare occasion I have had to return something, they paid for return shipping.
Yeah, they tried to get me to pay the return shipping on a defective small cuz, which would've cost the same amount I paid for it. I made them let me keep it and refund me. They're pretty into keeping customers happy. :p

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
PokePeople! I have Pokerus infection I can trade if anyone wants it add me and send me your codes.

3ds-
3969-4456-6661
A whattty what now? I had to step away from playing because it was giving me nightmares but ill be on in a little bit. Or feel free to PM me!

SoCrafty

Oh, I love Amazon. Last October, for my birthday, my sister and mother split payment for the Paperwhite for me. I paid the additional to make it 3G + WiFi (it was a difference of about $40-$50). I LOVE the Paperwhite. Well, in August of this year the 3G no longer worked. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a BRAND new Paperwhite (not refurb) even though I had already had mine for almost a year. They paid for this shipping to me, and they paid for the return shipment of my old Paperwhite.

My good news is that we are ring picking :)

Last edited:

Taqroy

Huh. Well that's good to know. This is the first time they've messed up one of my orders ever so I've never had to deal with customer service.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We have a "thank you" box at work where we write nice comments to each other and read them at our meetings.... normally the notes are geared toward thanks for doing XYZ, and those are fine but I really liked the one I received today.... "thanks for your helpful and cheerful attitude. It's always fun! :)"
That one made me smile.
Bonus points for it being written by the practice owner.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie

Have you learned to crochet? If not, now's a good time! Haha.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I have been keeping a jar of crunchy peanut butter in my desk and it's probably the best decision I've made all month.

Taqroy

Have you learned to crochet? If not, now's a good time! Haha.
Haha, I actually started out crocheting but abandoned everything but amigurumi and pretty flowers when I got into knitting.

Taq, teach me to knit and I will teach you crochet!
New deal: You come see me and I will happily teach you how to knit. :cool: I even have rice krispie treats and pumpkin beer.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Haha, I actually started out crocheting but abandoned everything but amigurumi and pretty flowers when I got into knitting.

New deal: You come see me and I will happily teach you how to knit. :cool: I even have rice krispie treats and pumpkin beer.
Deal! I've got some of the basics down but not much else.

Staff online

Members online