EMERGENCY--Whats wrong?

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
To the original poster:

Unplug your computer, pack it into the car with your dog, head to the vet's and leave your computer there as collateral while they figure out what's wrong with your dog.

I just can't accept the excuse "I have no money for vet bills" when someone is online and can afford a monthly internet bill.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Sorry if I came off as rude, but this is a life we're talking about. I just hope something got across to the OP.

To be honest, I would do anything for my dogs. Having a dog is a privelege. I don't know how much money I will be making, but I'll sacrifice extras (such as internet, computers, etc) to provide care for my dogs. Taking a sick dog to the SPCA for care, at least in my area, costs slightly more than nothing. It isn't hard to get good treatment, and there are a lot of understanding vets out there! I know that in the future, if my dogs are very sick and need to see a Vet, I will take out a loan, a credit card, and whatever I need to, to treat them. I know that. If I absolutely cannot give my dogs a check-up by a Vet (which is what this OP needs... just to get advice from a Vet, about what the dog needs to get better) then, no, I don't feel I deserve to have them and I would turn them into the SPCA in a second if I didn't have the means to provide such basic care.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
~Tucker&Me~ said:
No kidding... I was thinking the same thing.

~Tucker
me too:(
in case we are wrong..
i can only say that if icould not access a vet for Vic and Mary i would not have them. I would be doing them the greatest wrong there is, a promise is a promise and that is what you do when you agree to be the one they love. I pray that you will find someway to help your dog, that is just a crying shame.:(

Melanie: I was thinking the same thing.... money for the internet and a computer and no money to pay for your dog to live? Sounds wrong to me.

To those people saying we should not be harsh to the OP: they are going to allow their dog to die a slow and horrible death... they should NOT have a dog! I dont care if it sounds fair or not.

If I found my dog unconscious I would be at the emergency vet as FAST as I could get there... then If need be I would go to the nearest pawn shop and sell anything and everything I could to afford the visit. Obviously this person has something of value with a computer they are wasting time on.

I would hope that all the so called animal lovers on here would agree!

Elissa

Debi

I hope the dog is ok, if in fact this is true. I can't imagine a person posting such a dire emergency just via an internet forum, tho. we shall see if the OP returns to give an update.

since so many of us are worried, how is the dog today?

I'm so sorry to say this, and I don't mean to be rude, but if a person can't afford to give their animals proper care, then maybe they shouldn't have them. That goes for me as well. Emergencies come up and at the least money should be set aside each payday for such things.

I would suggest taking the animal to the vet...in an emergency situation they will make arrangements with you for care. Good luck....hope all goes well.

usurp

Belgian Shepherd Tervuere
in the US don't you guys have like Public Vets? Here in Kuwait I think we have 2 Public Vets.. Vets owned by the government and they are really cheap like $3 a visit. The high end place where I take my dog where they have these 3 amazing Italian vets it costs like $18 a visit. It would be weird if Kuwait has better animal facilities..

It sure would!!:eek:

Are you in the military in Kuwait?
usurp said:
in the US don't you guys have like Public Vets? Here in Kuwait I think we have 2 Public Vets.. Vets owned by the government and they are really cheap like $3 a visit. The high end place where I take my dog where they have these 3 amazing Italian vets it costs like $18 a visit. It would be weird if Kuwait has better animal facilities..

No public vets here not any that I know of anyway.

The only way to get "free" medical attention for your dog is to sign them over to the care of a shelter or rescue they will receive care if it is within the budget of this group and then be put up for adoption.
This is a solution, if unforeseen circumstances arise in your life.
However, when people get animals they need to think long term and be prepared for an emergency.

Elissa

Members online

No members online now.