The Venting Thread

We thought we would add that we didn't know that things should be done here differently than elsewhere. My friend also wants to ask something about this. Did you mean that we should not use bolding at all or can we bold sometimes single words? She meant that only sometimes. She has noticed that you sometimes use capitals to highlight single words. Do you use only them or do you ever use bolding yourselves? These were only some questions and my friend wanted to check something.

We didn't know that we should not use bolding although there is that option here. We had gotten used to using it elsewhere.

Others that have Aspergers have different kind of difficulties. My friend has difficulties with communication. "It's hard to explain why, but when she ask someone to write somewhere for her (it's not only about forums), the message cannot be written in first person." When my friend wants me to write her messages in third person or in passive, it's about her disability - not that she wants to do so. That's why we cannot change it so much.
We told about that in our previous message. In another thread one of you had suggested that I would refer to my friend by some name. Maybe it could be used as a compromise. What are your opinions about it? Would it be better idea than to write my friend?

We can discuss also about other things in other threads. We can also tell and show you what kind of dog Lotta really is.
We have added two videos of Lotta in this thread: Pictures of Lotta
We have also written about Lotta in this thread: Your dogs' quirks
So, we should figure out what else we could discuss about than dog training. My friend has tried to find threads where we could write. She hasn't found other threads yet where to write besides the one linked above. One idea would be that you would ask us something and we would answer to those questions.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I think this has been overthought way too much lol.

Just type how you like to type! Maybe try to be a bit less formal :D I think that's the only thing - people here type how they talk in real life (generally). Just type how you'd talk to someone face to face. (Eg, if you were stood next to someone you would refer to your friend as "my friend" that's actually kinda rude lol. Plus you wouldn't go all weird emphasising things (like typing in bold!).

I'm sure that's all you need to do. But frankly, if you don't want to do that, then don't, it's no one else's business how you choose to communicate on a forum!! Just be prepared that how you communicate will dictate how others respond. It's like being in a room full of people!

Chillax! Relax! Join in the fun :popcorn:

Eta - also if you ONLY want to talk about YOUR dog and YOUR issues, people get kinda bored. They like to know THEIR stuff is interesting too ;)

iriskai

Kali, my family's MAS, isn't doing well. I talked to my mom this morning, they were trying to get her to eat something, but she hasn't eaten much, skipped breakfast yesterday, ate a little last night, won't eat today. She turned 16 in April, was recently diagnosed with pancreatitis, and.. I don't know.. Mom called a minute ago after bringing her in and thinks she had a seizure. Had to jump off when the vet called her back..

iriskai

Not a seizure.. apparently the vet thinks it has to do with her heart murmur. Heart palpitation. Vet thinks not eating plus no meds must have stressed her out. Mom's going to get some morphine for her, but she's acting better now.. hopefully she'll eat soon.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Oh no! What happened? Every spring they flush they water system in my city and it results in many dead fish city wide as well :(
Im really not sure. I suspect it has to do with the city water. The two tanks that are crashing (super high nitrite, among other things) were both cleaned/water changed on the same day, and are both planted tanks (making high nitrite weird!).

I honestly expected most my fish to be dead once I got home today. Luckily, it seems I only have 3 dead so far. All are going into separate hospital tanks, to hopefully keep it at 3.

Don't you have maximum nitrate levels for a city water supply?

The EPA for example limits it to 10 ppm, which shouldn't harm any but the most sensitive fish. Even Discus or coral can survive that for a while.

I hate the lone star card (our state aid) ... yeah, that's just what I want to do is pay for someone else's ****. :wall:
You hate food stamps and help for those who need it? Sure hope you never find yourself in that position. I have friends who through NO fault of their own had to use services to help and I am EXTREMELY thankful that they exist if my own luck were to ever falter.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
You hate food stamps and help for those who need it? Sure hope you never find yourself in that position. I have friends who through NO fault of their own had to use services to help and I am EXTREMELY thankful that they exist if my own luck were to ever falter.
I kind of hope she does, and then gets denied.

But I'm terrible, so.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I just STARTED watching true blood and somebody told me a HUGE SPOILER I am only like 5 episodes in! I HATE YOU!

PEOPLE WHO SPOIL SHOWS ARE THE WORST!!!

/maybe because I drive I shouldn't have to pay to have road paved or I don't have kids and shouldn't pay for public schools... but then again I'm not a selfish brat so...maybe I can have some empathy for others.

Last edited:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
That really got
Out
Of hand fast! LOL love that movie!

My vent.... We just got home from our trip to Canada after a 9 hour drive to one dog with an ear infection and another dog that puked on the carpet and is now feeling sorry for himself and moping in our room and doesn't want to be out with us. So I may have TWO
Dogs to make appts for at the vet this week and summer camp at the preschool starts tomorrow and everyday this week is filled with something. Now squeezing in at least one vet appt! The house is a disaster area... I need to go through the dressers and clear out winter clothes so that all the summer stuff that is cluttering up the rooms will fit and the carpets now need to be cleaned and there is no time to get to any of that until probably Saturday! Ack... I need another vacation lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I just STARTED watching true blood and somebody told me a HUGE SPOILER I am only like 5 episodes in! I HATE YOU!

PEOPLE WHO SPOIL SHOWS ARE THE WORST!!!

/maybe because I drive I shouldn't have to pay to have road paved or I don't have kids and shouldn't pay for public schools... but then again I'm not a selfish brat so...maybe I can have some empathy for others.
No I also do not think that I should have to pay a school tax since I don't have kids, why should I pay for something I don't use? And universal health care is fine, what is not fine is the government saying "buy it or we'll fine the crap out of you on your taxes." Them FORD ING people to buy something is not IMO constitutional.

Your state aid may be great but mine is horribly abused, people have all these kids and are eligible for state aid, then they keep having more kids that I have to pay for, common sense would tell me if I can't afford the ones I have than maybe I should be careful not to have more :/.

Members online

No members online now.