Puppy thinks grooming brush is toy

banzai75x

Whenever I bust out the brush to try to brush him, my puppy thinks itrs a new toy and continually trys to bite it. I can't get him to stop and thus have a hard time brushing him.

Any suggestions on how to make him stay still? He can sit/stay but once I get the brush out he wants to play.

15wk old Cav. King Charles.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I have this problem, but it's with my cats. I have 2 brushes. When I'm brushing with one, I let them play with the other. Maybe this will work for your dog.

BagelDog

Not crazy...
He's just a pup. Let him have fun with it. Dont expect him to stand up perfectally still while you brush his coat into golden locks. As he gets older he'll stop. My pups did.

Helen

Sam still plays with his brush, its chewed up! At 3 we now brush first and play chew the brush when we are done. It's his (or hers)an animals like to take possesion of their things.i found it makes for easier brush time as Sam has long hair.I needed to be trained=LOL!!He hates being brushed,but, the joy of getting back at the brush at the end makes it easier on me.

barb04's idea is good..

one of my dog try to bite it, too.
but he's no pup..and his teeth are really dangerous, and he almost bit 'me' instead of brush because my hand was moving..
you can give ur pup like a chew bone to let him enjoy the bone while you brush

Fran27

No problem with Tips, but we give Boris toys to chew on while we brush him. He's better at it now.

Members online

No members online now.