Going on across the highway from our house...

ACooper

Wow.

I've often wondered how I would handle it if our schools went on lockdown. Pretty sure I'd go out of my mind........if there's danger, I would want MY child with ME, nobody would protect my child as vehemently as I would.

On the other hand....I do understand WHY they wouldn't/couldn't let that happen. It would be total chaos and dangerous.

LindaJD

My daughters school had a lock down last year. They called us all up and told us to please not come to the school. I saw on the news all the parents that showed up and were demanding to get into the school. They really were being a pain and the cops had to deal with them. I sat watching tv and was amazed at how stupid people are. Don't they realize they are hindering the cops from doing their job. It ended up being a false alarm, they thought some kid stole a gun from someone's house and he happened to be a student at the school. They really blew the whole thing out of proportion. There was no threat, the kid never threatened to go to the school or anything.
My daughter was on co-op that day at a local hospital and texted me to remind me that she wasn't at the school that day.

ACooper

Glad your daughter thought of letting you know Linda, at least you didn't have to worry about her inside the school.

And ya, I can imagine what kind of crazy would be going on at ANY school on lock down for an emergency like that. I would *HOPE* I could contain myself and NOT go to the school. That's what the logical me would like to happen..........then there's the momma bear and cub side of me.......LOL

Members online

No members online now.