So, what do you think this hairy boy is?

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Meet Sully! He's new! He's very friendly, and likes other dogs. He's playful, knows "sit", and walks pretty good on the leash. He does seem to have some terrier attitude and confidence. We were thinking maybe he was part Tibetan Terrier, but I'm at a loss as to why his tail is docked. He's about 35lbs.

Another theory is perhaps some Wheaten Terrier in there.

Thoughts?

It looks like a docked Pyrenean Shepherd with uncropped ears but never seen any white on chest,before!.
He's got goat hair and typical face!.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I'm gonna be crazy and account for the bobbed or docked tail and say Aussie X Beardie. Does he herd? or "bounce" a lot?

Probably more like 3 or 4 breeds in there tho LOL.

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
well sure...but how many are in the USA? I don't think that many...they JUST now got accepted to AKC so there are enough for that...but...
*shrug* who knows?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I agree on the beardie. Something about his expression and "bangs" just screams beardie to me.

Did she check to see if the dog was tatooed in the ear or inside the leg?.Hound,good point but I'm seeing more and more of them!.As for the bearded,he doesn't have enough hair on the face so I would think as another breed,maybe the Wheaton could be a match or he's just a pure mutt!.Does he have some herding instinct?.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Hmm, I don't know about the herding instinct. We only had him on a leash for a walk and some pets, then I had to put him back and play with Opie.

He DOES look a LOT like a pyrenean shepherd, but I highly doubt one of those would wind up in rescue. I did not check his ears for any tattoos. He has a bright, happy attitude, and he's quite spunky. He wasn't very into getting pet, he was more interested in watching his surroundings, since he's new. He's not terribly food driven either, although when I waved the dog biscuit in front of his nose he was happy enough to sit for it.

xpaeanx

I'm not sure what he is, but he's really cute and he reminds me of this dog named Harry that I was in love with. I'm sure he'll get adopted quickly! :)

Giny

Aw, cute!

I used to groom, years ago, a mix that looked so much like this guy.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Berger mix perhaps? I think there was a small run on Berger's after "Winn Dixie" came out the other year, perhaps he's a WD lovechild.

MicksMom

Oh my what a cutie! He looks like a larger version of the dog in the Beneful commercial (the one with "Mr Fuzzy"). My first thought was Beardie mixed with some kind of Terrier. Taking the docked tail into consideration, even tho they aren't real common, maybe PON (Polish Lowland Sheepdog) and Beardie?

YodelDogs

Adorable! I'm going to guess Bearded Collie, Afghan Hound, and "something else". I said Afghan due to the pattern the facial hair is growing. The only purebred dog I could think of that had that particular pattern are Afghan puppies.

Members online

No members online now.