breeds w/ ridges?

Juicy

are their other breeds that can have them besides Rhodesian Ridgeback?

my doxie has one, and when she's in 'alert mode' the hairs perk up. its starts from her neck down to her back.

Dekka

Just try me..
Thai Ridgbacks.. but they are like that all the time..

ALL dogs can piloerect. (raise the hairs along their spines)

BostonBanker

An actual "ridgeback" has hair that grows in the opposite direction; there will be whorls of hair at the ends that swirl. It isn't just hair that stands up or stands out. Meg can make the hair on her back stand up so high she looks like a hyena, but it isn't an actual ridge.

Miakoda

An actual "ridgeback" has hair that grows in the opposite direction; there will be whorls of hair at the ends that swirl. It isn't just hair that stands up or stands out. Meg can make the hair on her back stand up so high she looks like a hyena, but it isn't an actual ridge.
Correct.;)

Toller_08

Lots of dogs have "ridges", no matter the breed. Often just referred to as cowlicks it seems. I know lots of Dobes who have them on their necks, and plenty of dogs of varying breeds who have them on their noses (both of my Dachshunds had them on their noses). It is the same sort of ridge a ridgeback would have, in the sense that the hair in the ridge lies the opposite direction of the rest of the coat.

BostonBanker

They are referred to as whorls on horses; they can show up anywhere, although mostly on their faces, and you are supposed to be able to read their personality from their size/location. Tristan has a long one that runs several inches down the front of his face.

I don't know, I think of a ridge as one that runs along the spine and has the two whorls placed on the top corners like an actual ridgeback; everything else is just a cool and distinctive whorls.

Members online

No members online now.