Poor thing

Sweet72947

Squishy face
There's this pit bull mix that goes to my Doggie Daycare that's fear aggressive and reactive to people on leash. The first time I met him and his owner, we were all standing in the lobby and they brought him out. She was holding him and she and I were chatting about something or other, just little small talk stuff, and I made a swift arm movement in her direction. This upset her dog and he barked and lunged at me. She responds by yelling at him and jerking his leash.

Today I went to pick up my dogs, and as I walked toward the door (its glass) I saw her and the dog about to come out, the dog saw me through the glass and started reacting before coming out of the door. I backed away from the door to allow them to come outside, when they come outside, the woman yells at her dog while he's reacting, yanks his leash and shoves him into a sit. You can just see the frustration in this woman and you know its not helping this dog. I'm sure the dog is thinking "a person, mom gets upset when there's a person, bark bark lunge bark". My dogs are under my control in public, and I would love to give this woman advice, because like I said you can just see the frustration building up. But I don't know how to go about it without seeming rude or anything.

I hope this dog doesn't become a bite case one day. :(

SarahFair

Ask her if she has ever watched the Dog Whisperer..Tell her its a great show and she should check it out?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I wouldn't recommend the Dog Whisperer. If I were going down that road I'd recommend Bones Would Rain from the Sky or The Other End of the Leash.
That poor dog. :(

Members online

No members online now.