Your Dogs and cats

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
So how are your dogs when it comes to cats? And visa versa? Maggie could honestly careless she really would rather ignore them than give them the privilege of her attention. There are far too important things to think about like treats and cuddles lol. Which in Smidgeons eyes makes her all the better for pouncing on because she won't react.

Now Tucker loves loves LOVES cats of any kind. It is pretty disgusting really. If there is a kitten around he must shower them in sloppy kisses until they are soaked in Tucker spit lol. He also is over for a light wrestle with Smidgeon or game of chase. You know Tucker bounds playfully at one of the cats and then he runs and they chase after. Like I said its disgusting lmao.

Smidgeon loves both Maggie and Tucker. He rubs up and down their bodies constantly and is always looking for one of them to play. Even when we found him at 4 weeks he had no fear of the dogs he just wanted to play. Wicked gets along fine but isn't into the playing really. And sometimes she gets annoyed with overly friendly needy Tucker. Quincy lol on the other hand. I am totally against declawing cats I mean I think its awful. But he came to us that way. I just have to say for Tuckers sake its a good thing. Because he has yet to convert Quincy to the "I LOVE DOGS" club lol. And he has been attacked twice by Quincy for getting too close. Attacks that would have been messy if not for Quincy having no front claws. Honestly Tucker is now terrified of that big white smooshy faced thing LOL.

Last edited:

adojrts

I haven't had a cat in a few years living in the house, my old cat died. But we have had strays come around, we feed them and the dogs don't bother them. But then I wouldn't leave the dogs alone with a cat just in case.

Petie likes them, he also doesn't care if a cat is in the agility ring while he is training, its good distraction training lol. I accidently locked Petie in his crate at the indoor arena where I train in the winter with a kitten. Both stretched out beside each other looking out of the crate when I came back into the heated tackroom. Good boy Petie.

Pam111

They love eachother. They all play all the time. The cat does kinda act like a dog, though. He comes when I call him and he will sit on command :D

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
They love eachother. They all play all the time. The cat does kinda act like a dog, though. He comes when I call him and he will sit on command :D
Lol Wicked and Smidgeon are the same way. Quincy is too high and mighty to act like a dog though. Wicked can sit and beg up on command hehe.

Paige

Let it be
The dogs

Bandit: Could care less.

Spanky: Is motion sensitive so if they are running around will get up and chase them. He can be called off though or if you catch him before it starts tell him no and he won't.

Miley: Love them. They are closer to her size. She enjoys that.

The Cats

Spazz: Hates all beings besides humans. Growls, screams and spits at them if they get too close. Will attack if she cannot run off. I did see her and Miley cuddled up to each other the other night which was odd. Miley was squashed under the bulk of Spazz. For all I know Spazz was actually trying to kill her.

Bella: LOVES THE DOGS! Thinks they are her personal play toys. She is cuddling with Spanky right now, her and Miley are best friends and she tries to get Bandit to play with her but he isn't very tolerant.

I lucked out. Spanky was horrible with cats at first but one swipe from Spazz ended his attempt to eat her. She's a tough cookie.

They have THEIR cats . . . and then there are OTHER cats. OTHER, non-family member cats get run off if they have the chance.

Gracie, my mother's little cat, however, takes a dim view of the dogs, especially Kharma. I think it has, in Gracie's mind, more to do with Kharma being another female than anything else, since Gracie tries to get Bimmer to play with her. Bimmer, quite wisely, doesn't trust Gracie one little bit.

Kharma has been trying to get Gracie to play with her though. Gracie's beginning to warm up to her. I think she's got it figured out that Kharma might be a good ally to have, even though they've had differences. Bimmer got after Kharma for something one night and Gracie jumped in on his side and got up into the middle of Kharma's back. :eek: Kharma has, strangely enough, forgiven her. She's not usually that forgiving . . . she's usually a grand champion grudge holder, lol.

Gomez will weave in and out of Kharma's legs. Which makes her very nervous :D He's perfectly happy to let Bimmer clean his ears and face though.

Toller_08

Winston likes to sniff them, but then ignores them. Morgan has an incredibly high prey drive and I'd never trust her around a cat. Dance hasn't had any cat experiences in a long time, but she used to be afraid of them. Not sure if she still is or not. Keira's breeder has a cat, but I don't think he was around the puppies often, so I'm not sure how she reacts to cats. Being so young though, she'd probably just want to play with it.

Maxy24

Max ADORED Neko and Willie, Neko was his best friend. They slept together all day and never had any issues. He liked Willie too but was a little scared of him. Now Neko LOVED Max more than anything in the world, much more than he even loves Willie. Willie didn't really care for Max but he only knew him for like 3 months. Wilie still slept with him but that was more so that he could sleep with Neko. Neko still likes dos and Willie is not particularly fond of them, he hisses and such and hits them a lot.

milos_mommy

Milo, for a dog that is dog aggressive and tries to maul all rodents and birds and the like, is suprisingly excellent with cats. He lurvessssss them. A big fat slurp on the ear, game of chase, or paw batting is all in good fun. It's hilarious to watch him play with Ginger.

chanda

My mikki doesnt like cats that much... when she sees one she will definitely run like crazy and chase the cat out of our house...

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
We're trying to teach Morgan not to bother the cats. However, both our cats are fearless and aren't all that bothered by him to begin with. Whitacre doesn't really care either way, and for the most part just ignores Morgan. As long as a human will still give him a good belly rub and a lap to sit on, he's a happy camper. Ticheli, on the other hand, has decided that Morgan is his own personal plaything. He will follow the poor pup everywhere, and randomly pounce on or bat at him. Or take his breakfast. Or his toys. Occasionally he will also take Morgan's crate, though we try to discourage that as best we can.

Morgan, bless his little heart, is trying so hard to be good around the cats, but with Ticheli egging him on it has proven to be a struggle for him. :p Once Morgan is out of his nipping stage and has learned to be more polite, we may allow him some more leniency around the kitties, but for now he just needs to get out of their way.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
In the house, Daisy doesn't care about cats, she just tolerates their presenece. Outside she'll chase Siam, but doesn't try to catch her. Benji on the other hand must be kept separated from the cats because he WILL try to kill them and the cats know it too. If Siam is being chased by Daisy, she would just run lazily away, but where Benji's concerned Siam is terrified. Petey hasn't really been in a position to be chased by a dog. He's afraid of the outdoors, and doesn't walk around upstairs where Daisy and Benji are. (Siam doesn't either, but she was around Daisy more at the old house Before Benji).

RD

Are you dead yet?
My BCs love MY cat, and he tolerates them. Any other cats are fair game for chasing if they're outdoors and they run away. Cats inside are off limits for anything but sniffing.

Zaphod currently thinks cats are food, but is learning that it's submit or die with RJ, who does not take "no" for an answer.

BostonBanker

Meg says that kitties are her most favorite things ever. She is endlessly fascinated by the barn cats, and spends hours by herself up in the hayloft, hunting them down and then staring at them. She's never touched one that I know of - just finds them and then serenades them, with either a hound-y "I've treed you!" bark, or an otherworldly humming noise.

When we visit my friend, who has two cats, Meg tends to stare and hum a bit when we first arrive, but quickly gets over herself. I think the barn cats have just become a fun game for her.

Brattina88

In the house, they pretty much don't care. I've found Maddie kissy-face with Gomer, and they sleep next to eachother occasionally.

Outside the house - cats are fair game :eek: LoL

Miss Jack

Jack 27/09/94-06/12/07
My cat Sophie is 16 now so she tends to just do a good impression of a stuffed animal and sleep on the top of the sofa.

When Jack was a pup we had her and another cat Sammy (who went missing a few years ago) Both cats would pick on Jack and Jack was really scared of Sammy. If I told Jack to go into another room Sammy would purposefully get up and sit in the doorway of what ever room I'd sent him to. The big Airedale (breed with high prey drive and known cat killers!) would sit and cry until I moved the scary cat!

When we lost Sammy, Sophie became much more friendly towards him I guess they just got old together. She would even come with us when we went for a walk (but she'd demand to be carried half way round). When Jack was pts she missed him as much as we did.

Can't say she was overjoyed when we got Scooby we got the "What the He!! ave you brought home now?" look. Scooby is learning to leave her alone but every now and then she gets the devil in her and goes out of her way to step over his head while he's sleeping!!

The funniest thing we ever had was years ago when I lived at home we had an Airedale called Glen and a cat called Penny. Penny had been fostered by a dog (a male dog!) as a kitten and she really believed she was a dog she adored Glen. A neighbor had a Welsh spaniel who would always try to start fights with Glen. Now Glen knew he was hard and thought showing aggression was for wimps he would show all aggressive dogs complete
disdain unless they actually bit him, they were allowed one bite then they were on their backs with an Airedales jaws around their throats. Anyway this spaniel would run at the gate snapping and snarling every day and every day Glen would ignore it but Penny would rush out of the house into the garden a yowling, spitting, hissing mass of fur. It was so funny to watch she'd strut back past Glen as if to say well if you aren't going to stick up for yourself! She really believed she was protecting Glen I swear Glen would look at her as if to say chill girl I've got it covered lol

noludoru

Bored Now.
LMAO Miss Jack.

Middie loves cats, they are the BEST thing since dogs. He just doesn't quite get that the cats don't like him and wont play with him, and they DO NOT enjoy his nose residing up their butts.

Emma thinks Middie rocks because she can intimidate him out of his food. Other than that, he stinks and drools and sheds more than her, so he's very uncool.

Tom doesn't care a whit about him as long as he's not being bothered, in which case I'm glad I trim Tom's claws. But he puts up with loads of crap from Middie so I really don't blame him for a smack now and then.

Chili? She. Hates. Dogs. She's terrified of him, but she wants to kill him. You can see the hatred in her eyes. When he's in his crate or behind a gate she stalks up to him with murder in her heart... it's rather unsettling. I know she would kill him if a) she could and b) she had the chance. Thankfully he outweighs my little 9-lb cat by a whopping 35 pounds, and is safe.

Members online

No members online now.