Staffy Question ...

akaiser

Hi there

i've decided to get a staffy pup ? they have a wonderful nature and nice to children aswell , but there is one thing that i'm willing to know about this breed that is, this breed is known for it's people loving nature , and i've also read that staffies love people so much that even in the middle of the night if it's a thief breaking into your house they would just lick the intruder , is this true ? :eek: A vicious dog is what i need at the last but even in a good natured dog i want that very capability to bark at an intruder when i'm not present. And a little bit of protective qualities aswell. can staffies be like that ? clear my confusions please ... thanks

We have never had an Intruder so it is hard to say for sure what Bailey would do.
Going on his Nature and people knocking at the door...........If i allow someone in he will almost certainly give them a nice wash :D
But having said that......Until i let them in he will bark like crazy.

elegy

overdogged
bully breeds do not generally make very good protection dogs. i have 2 pits. one barks at the least little noise outside because he's a big weenie. he'd definitely react if somebody broke in, but that's because his temperament isn't 100% what it should be. he's kinda fearful.

luce on the other hand? she doesn't bother to bark if somebody knocks on the door. she alarm wags instead.

Members online