My Family; includes the new puppy who HATES his crate.

suthrnladi

suthrnladi

this is my favorite pic of Shane. He looks so happy cause I just let him out of the hated crate. :) He's 9 weeks old. I've waited 30 years for another boxer, and I am twice as happy because I was able to get him from a rescue group.

this is my Golden Girl. She is yellow lab and...? we rescued her after my son-in-law found her at the trash dump. She's a sweetie, has some men issues but she is a real sweetheart. I think she's about 2 years old.

This is my son's dog, Shadow. He is basset, lab and chow. He absolutely loves my son, but he does have that chow attitute and will nip. He's VERY protective of the homestead. He is about 3 years old.

And last, but by no means least, this is Li'l Foxy Girl, my husband's retirement present. She is a pomchorkie. Her father was a purebred Pomeranian, and her mom is yorkie and chichahua. She's the smallest of the four, but she rules the roost. She is the queen bitch and she knows it. She is about 4 years old.

They're very cute, nice looking dogs. Looks like you have a full house :) What do you call your pom mix for short, or do you always call her "Lil Foxy Girl"? :p I bet she has some fun nicknames.

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
Nicknames for our pom mix

What do you call your pom mix for short, or do you always call her "Lil Foxy Girl"? I bet she has some fun nicknames.

LOL, that's a good question, even the vet asked my husband that same question when he took her for her first visit. When asked what we call her, my husband said, "well, I call her 'Baby'. LOL. Most of us call her Foxy...my son calls her Queen B... I often call her Li'L Girl..
I think the other dogs and the cats :hail: all hope she's called Happy, cause you know if "the Queen ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."...:lol-sign: Since she's "daddy's" dog, she gets to remind them all of that fact often.
Shortly after she came to live with us, as the only dog in the family at the time....once hubby and I were talking about going to the pet store to get some stuff for the dog, she had this look on her face as she looked from one to the other of us like, "WHat dog? Are you guys getting me a dog?" It was so cute and funny.
Thanks for your sweet comments.

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
I am glad you rescued your Boxer
thanks me too! I have two rescues, and two who came from accidental breedings. My pomchorkie's mom and dad belonged to my best friend, I've since paid to have the mom spayed, and unfortunately the dad passed. My son's dog came from my oldest daughter's neighbors.
Thanks again

Maxy24

All your dogs are beautiful but I absolutely adore your Boxer pup, look at that smile! I commend you on paying to have Foxy's mom spayed, last thing they need is more puppies I'm sure. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your crew!

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
Thanks, my boxer is a sweetheart. You'll definately be seeing more of these guys. I had never seen a boxer undocked either, but since he was from an unplanned litter the breeder didn't put any money into docking. I still haven't made up my mind about docking him, but am leaning towards not doing it. Having had boxers in the past (30years ago) to me he looks funny with a tail. But many wonderful members here have helped me see that docking isn't necessary. So I'm up in the air somewhat.

suthrnladi

suthrnladi
Thanks

I'm glad you all seem to agree with my decision not to dock. Having more trouble with family members who knew me in "the good old days" of showing. They Can't believe I really don't want to dock.:)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.