The dog musing/vent thread

Saeleofu

How can something so cute be so disgusting sometimes. lol this is Juno's reaction to the sound of an apple being sliced.

Ewwww.
Lmao that's Logan when he hears a banana open. He can be sleeping in a different room and I *very quietly* open a banana, and then suddenly he's RIGHT THERE drooling.

crazedACD

I liked an ACD breeder's Facebook page back when I was looking at puppies. I have left it liked because it's like watching a three ring circus with this woman.

But even besides this woman's antics, she has lost SO MANY dogs this year. Like...7 or 8 already? Three months? A few were old. One got out and was hit by a car. One had kidney problems. One had cancer? One had birthing problems.

Don't even get me started with the fact that she had planned like three litters, and now ALL of them are sired by one sire she didn't intend to breed to-because he jumped fences and got in with the bitches in heat. Oops litters. :rolleyes:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I liked an ACD breeder's Facebook page back when I was looking at puppies. I have left it liked because it's like watching a three ring circus with this woman.

But even besides this woman's antics, she has lost SO MANY dogs this year. Like...7 or 8 already? Three months? A few were old. One got out and was hit by a car. One had kidney problems. One had cancer? One had birthing problems.

Don't even get me started with the fact that she had planned like three litters, and now ALL of them are sired by one sire she didn't intend to breed to-because he jumped fences and got in with the bitches in heat. Oops litters. :rolleyes:
EWWW :/. It's people like this who give all ethical breeders a bad name :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I found an English Cocker breeder not too far away that has GORGEOUS dogs.

In a way, I kind of hope we're in the area when NextDog happens, because I would love to have a dog from this person. On the other hand, thinking about NextDog is sad and I hope it is many, many years out, as NextDog won't happen until Cynder is an old fuddy duddy senior dog. Which, realistically, could very well be within the next 2-5 years...but I hope not.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Harlow turns four in June. FOUR. She could be halfway through her life at that point. :( Dammit Boxers and their short lives.

I hope she lives til she's 20 just to spite me.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I almost think that Summer's SA has transferred from just general to Mia... Mia is at observation at the vet's and Summer is pacing and not just calming down.

Saeleofu

Harlow turns four in June. FOUR. She could be halfway through her life at that point. :( Dammit Boxers and their short lives.
Ugh I know this feeling all too well. Gavroche is going to be 7 in July and it's killing me. What if he only has another year left? Or even just 2 years? Him having health issues isn't making it any easier. I spent a good hour hugging him and crying a couple weeks ago :'( Even though he's absolutely fine for now :rolleyes:

joce

Ugh I know this feeling all too well. Gavroche is going to be 7 in July and it's killing me. What if he only has another year left? Or even just 2 years? Him having health issues isn't making it any easier. I spent a good hour hugging him and crying a couple weeks ago :'( Even though he's absolutely fine for now :rolleyes:
If they don't have cancer by five I have seen some live to fifteen. It happens! Think positive. And don't do what I did with my dobe and expect him to die and treat him like glass. I didn't let him play hard or do longer walks and looking back he missed out. He was almost fourteen and everyone told me prepare to say bye around ten.

DJEtzel

Frag is going to be FIVE in another few months. :(

I told Jon I have to have him back for his birthday... we always do cake and gifts for him, I'd be so sad to miss out on him becoming an old man.

That said, Recon is almost TWO! Like.. wooooow. Doesn't he need his MACH or something by now? He's an old man!

Saeleofu

If they don't have cancer by five I have seen some live to fifteen.
Yeah, but there's so much more than cancer in boxers, too >.<

I try to let him have fun and do what he wants to do, especially now. He still gets to go coursing, and he's going to try barn hunt next weekend (after he tried to eat the feeder rat I got to get them used to the scent lol) , but I don't make him do rally or anything like that anymore. All his training is for fun now, no pressure. If he wants to jump the baby gate 12 times in a row, then that's fine. If he doesn't want to jump, that's fine too.

Members online

No members online now.