Package stolen ugh :(

JacksonsMom

Ordered a new Zumi lead the other day for Jackson, was so excited to get it, was needing a slip lead for easy on/off at agility or barn hunt etc.

Freakin' got it in the mail today, RIPPED OPEN... no lead. WTF... did someone actually open my mailbox, rip open a package, steal a DOG LEASH and leave the rest in my mailbox? It just seems so odd. A post lady wouldn't leave me a package like that, I presume, so it must not have happened before it got to my mailbox.

I guess there's... nothing I can do about it. What a waste of $20 tho ugh. :(

Dakota

Dakota Dog
That is so frustrating! Tell the mail carrier, mmaybe it is covered under some kind of insurance

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
How was it shipped? Priority? If it happened to come priority, the USPS now gives $50 insurance on priority packages standard.

I would call the post office to complain about it. It will probably result in nothing... but I would still call. That sucks.

JacksonsMom

I'm gonna call my post office, I also contacted Zumi leads and let them know it's not their fault AT ALL obviously, but was wondering if they had shipped it with some kind of insurance or not. It was shipped first class.

This is how the package was in my mailbox:

Had everything in it but the leash.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Love the comment they left on the receipt ..looks like your Zumi lead took an adventure all on it's own& left you& Jackson in the dust LOL!

Kidding aside, that realllllly sucks and I hope you can get something sorted out!

JacksonsMom

Wow, Zumi is AWESOME... they're already at their post office trying to figure things out and sending me a new lead, free of charge... that's pretty awesome, considering it was not their fault at all.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Wow, Zumi is AWESOME... they're already at their post office trying to figure things out and sending me a new lead, free of charge... that's pretty awesome, considering it was not their fault at all.
I'd be pretty annoyed if a company DIDN'T take care of it.

I never thought I had high expectations of companies.. But if this makes a company awesome, maybe I do.

JacksonsMom

I never thought I had high expectations of companies.. But if this makes a company awesome, maybe I do.
Lol, I dont really know protocols for that... so I just thought it was cool, I wasn't really sure what to expect to be honest. Because, I mean, it's not their fault. So yeah just didn't know how that worked.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator

I can think of plenty of companies (and by companies I mean individuals) who would respond "welp, you didn't pay for insurance, so that's too bad!"

I would however say that's bad business practice and yes, it would annoy me - but I wouldn't entirely be surprised if it happened...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I can think of plenty of companies (and by companies I mean individuals) who would respond "welp, you didn't pay for insurance, so that's too bad!"

I would however say that's bad business practice and yes, it would annoy me - but I wouldn't entirely be surprised if it happened...
It has happened to me before and I got that response and wasn't too surprised really. It's not their fault..
I was annoyed and pretty pissed but not surprised.

Didn't end up re-ordering.

I'd be super happy if a company cared enough to send another

Snark

Mutts to you
Good for the that company. In this economy, where everyone is competing for consumer dollars, you'd think more companies would be invested in keeping their customers happy. For the cost of a leash, Zumi just got a lot of good advertising that will probably keep spreading. :)

I ordered a Comfy Cone from Foster & Smith (they had the best online price I could find) and 3 wks. later, I was still waiting for my package. I emailed the company, who apologized profusely and promptly sent another cone, at no charge, which arrived within 2 days. So, I'll recommend Foster & Smith, too, as a good company to deal with, as far as customer service.

Members online

No members online now.