Happy ending for accident victom

DryCreek

LINKY

Dog that survived car crash and went missing to be reunited with owner

11:08 AM PDT on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

By ANTONIA GIEDWOYN, kgw.com Staff

A dog that went missing after it survived a car crash nearly a month ago will be reunited with its owner on Tuesday, police said.

The February 29 crash happened on Interstate 84, three miles east of The Dalles. Two pit bulls were ejected in the roll over crash and the four-year-old female, Roxy, was killed.

The two-year-old male dog, Chopper, ran from the crash scene and could not be found.

Driver Katherine Budlong of Albany was treated and released for minor injuries.

On March 6, people reported seeing a pit bull near the crash site and a police trooper found the dog but could not coax him to come close. The trooper tracked the dog for over an hour before losing sight of him.

Last weekend, a resident of The Dalles noticed the dog on her property, which is about four miles from the crash scene. She put food and a dog bed in her barn for the pit bull.

On Monday, Wasco County Animal Control officer Brad Heinige caught Chopper. The dog is emaciated, has multiple contusions and suffered a leg injury, but is expected to fully recover.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can see a pic of Chopper and the car on the linky. :)

bubbatd

Poor baby !!! Glad they found him !! I've posted this before , but this happened in Indiana ,,,, the dog was homed for a year , then disappeared . He ended up going back home to Colorado . Took 3 months ! The former owners called the number on the tag and they became phone friends . About six months later the dog ( a Golden ) went missing , and sure enough found his way back to his Indiana home . They decided that this was where he wanted to be ......his 10 year old master was killed in the crash .

Thank goodness he will fully recover, poor thing. I wonder why when dogs get hurt they have a tendency to run away even when they are not the type to leave home?

The Indiana/Colorado story is incredible..I have never heard that one before.

bubbatd

It was my water softener salt delivery man ..... he told me when he saw my Goldens . The dog had just left for Colorado ....... then he told me the rest of the story whan he returned .

Members online