Butch

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Dear Beefcake Butchy boy I heard from FOPAS that you have crossed the bridge. I heard that Logan took it hard and no one has heard from him for quite some time. I am sending up a mournful howl for Logan's pain. I have no doubt when you crossed the bridge that Mary was there with a wagging tail to yet once again, lick you across your broad head and welcome you to a land of cool grass, warm sun, and sweet creeks. It was a honor to have you walk with us, and to see Logan grow into such a handsome good man. The Angels must be thrilled to have you with them. Sending all my love, Goodbye Butch, you will always be in my heart. Tell Logan when he can, to come by and get your sculpture. I will have it for him when ever he is ready.

The last time I saw Butch, he was muscled, and radiant. It was very apparent that he was well loved and happy in this world. What else could a dog that started out on a chain watching the world go by ever dream of that could be better. He had a dog's Heaven here too thanks to rescue people, and a boy that loved him. I know I have more photos of Butch, but I am having difficulty finding them. I will add to this slideshow as soon as I do. Please click to see what a fine dog Butch was.

Such sad news . . . but I know Mary is glad to see him. I hope Logan can find some comfort in that. He and Butch gave each other so much and I am sure they will find each other again.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will never ever forget her walking down that little steep hill with her old arthritic feet to go out to Butch on his Tether. He would lower that huge head sne she would swipe a lick across the top, right between the ears. It was beautiful to see. She would then with wagging tail take a short cut and meet us by the driveway. Every day that we went by. If anyone was going to meet him at the Bridge, it would be Mary. Sighs, I wish I could have seen him one more time. He was just grand.

Members online