yet another Lily question (I know you can smack me if you want)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, I can not find a toy that Lily with play with. I got a chilly bone and she just lays on it, I got a nylabone and she doesn't even sniff it, I got a soft squeak toy and Hannah plays with it. I got a booda bone and she's not interested in that either, or the kong. I'm SO confused, she loves towels though (which I really don't let her play with to prevent blockage). Anyone have any suggestions for the hard to please puppy?

Saje

Island dweller
Have you tried socks? LOL My dogs all love socks. I ball up old ones with holes and they love it. Of course, you can't get mad at them when they go after new ones. They don't know the difference.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
no, I haven't tried that yet, I might have to try that when she wakes up, she had a serious playdate with Hannah and now she's fast asleep in her crate. I wouldn't get mad at her, most my socks have holes in them anyway from Maverick eating them.

W

Whitedobelover

socks are great... she should love those but put it on your foot first... if it taste like you they will love it more :D

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Whitedobelover said:
socks are great... she should love those but put it on your foot first... if it taste like you they will love it more :D
hmm...that's a good idea, never thought of putting it on my foot. She's sort of playing with the chilly bone, but she doesn't like it frozen. Are they bad for her if they aren't frozen?

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Let her discover what she likes before throwing another toy at her. It took Sawyer a couple of months to really latch onto his Nylabone and now he won't leave it alone. Same with the Kong. Maybe try letting Hannah play with it a bit first and then giving it to Lily. That seems to be the way to get either of the Wonder Twins to like a new toy...have someone else break it in first.

Doberluv

I would keep the toys put away some of the time and then take out one for a while and put it away again. Keep the others for another time so they seem new. With the socks, be careful she doesn't bite off a piece and swallow it or....some dogs swallow the whole sock. It can be a medical emergency.

You know what Lyric loved when I first got him was a plastic liter pop bottle. I threw away the cap and let him kick it around. He had a ball. Of course, after a while, it started cracking and breaking and had to be tossed. But sometimes the cheapest things are the most fun....noisy, rolling, bouncing off walls etc.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I don't have the toys out all the time, just when it's their playtime. She's starting to play with the chilly bone a little bit.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I had the same problem with Zeus. He doesn't like nylabones, kongs, rope tugs or tennis balls. No interest whatsoever. He was like Lily, though, and liked soft things. But he shredded stuffed toys in an instant. We got him a piece of very sturdy stuffed fire hose from Pecto, with a squeaker in it. It's his favorite. I also know they make nice, durable canvas toys as well.

I wouldn't do the sock thing, unless you want ALL your socks to end up as playtoys. I did that with my golden retreiver and it was a big mistake. I guess dogs can't tell one sock from another, LoL.

Coco Puff

My puppy really like little stuff animals that he can pick up & walk around with. I found a really nice one at Petsmart that sounds like it has little balls in it when he kicks it around & then when he bites on another part of it, it sounds like crinkling paper. He also like to play the big plastic blocks that children play with. They are pretty sturdy.Maybe Lilly would like those.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well I got her a puppy pack of different nylabones today but ofcourse "Miss Proper" won't have anything to do with those. I don't think she really likes to play, whenever I put her and Hannah in the kitchen to have doggy time alone together she is always trying to find a way to get back and lay on the couch or be with me. I think she is just too serious of a puppy to find play entertaining...is this possible?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, I have to type really quiet so as not to disturb her but Lily is chewing on one of her new puppy nylabones (YEAH). I'm happy now, because I didn't just waste ten bucks on something she's never going to use.

Members online

No members online now.