Is this true? DNA testing......

Amstaffer

I was talking to someone today who said that they bought a puppy who had a DNA test before the Adopted it that cleared the puppy of genetic disease in the future. She said that it was a test that "Guaranteed" no genetic disease down the road....

Is there such a test? Was she BSing me? I don't know the lady, just met her walking her dog.

I know as dogs get older there are test (Eyes, Hears, Heart etc...) for but all genetic diseases?

OFA has the CHIC registry but that doesn't cover everything

bubbatd

Interesting .... but it sure would open a can of worms !!

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
erm. No. LOL. DNA testing cannot even determin BREED for sure. Some tests can determine if your dog is a carrier or affected for various issues...but not ALL DISEASES KNOWN TO DOGDOM.

Dekka

Just try me..
What HBH said... there are way to many genetic diseases where they don't know the markers and therefore can't test for them.

ACooper

I would think she perhaps misunderstood the information given to her and is passing on misinformation, that or she got snookered GOOD! LOL

Amstaffer

Thats what I thought, It would be a great thing but I didn't think we had the complete Dog Genome mapped just yet.

Y

yvesj

thank you really good to know .because i was going to get one done on my new sheltie female to see if she was really a sheltie .

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
thank you really good to know .because i was going to get one done on my new sheltie female to see if she was really a sheltie .
Save your money. Those things are so off-base it's ridiculous.

Members online

No members online now.