Think buying from a reputable breeder is too much of a hassle?

I don't know how I stumbled upon this site...or what made me open this thread...or watch the video...

This is a story about a lady who purchased a beautiful Cane Corso puppy from an unethical breeder.

We've all read the stories before, and some of us have even lived the stories. But for those that haven't, and think that all breeders are of the same caliber, and that buying from an ethical breeder is "too expensive" or too much of a "hassle"..I challenge them to view this video and feel the same way after. For those that continue to breed dogs like this SHAME ON YOU. For those who do not properly test their breeding stock to reduce the chances of producing dogs like this SHAME ON YOU.

WARNING: It is definitely a kleenex required story/video. I cried my eyes out and I don't know that I could ever view it again.

http://truth-rustic.forumactif.com/ftopic1.The-reason.htm

Zoom

Twin 2.0
That's terribly sad!! I used to pet-sit a couple of Corsos and one is now epileptic from a brain tumor and the other had to have a knee replacement when she was 3 or 4 years old. There are a ton of health problems in this breed and that video illustrates how careless breeding only perpetuates them!

The internet is probably the greatest boon and bane of puppymillers and bad breeders these days. The boon comes from being able to reach millions of uninformed, gullible people who are only looking for a cute face to cuddle and keep up with the Jones'. The bane comes because word of bad breeders spreads like wildfire, as we've seen from our own Teks Kennels thread.

bubbatd

That's why I'm so thankful for Chaz. With over 12,000 members and so many lurkers, the word will get around . Please folks .... either rescue or find your pups through your State's breed clubs !!! Anyone can make wonderfully looking web sites or put glorious ads in papers.

Terrible. My first pup Jessica is a tiny toy poodle, and I didn't klnow better and bought her from a BYB for 500.00. she is in good health, but quite the little nipper, and has other b ehavior issues. We love her, but she is a handful.

P

Purdue#1

that's sad and devestating.

uh, this is so random, but what is the song to it called and who is the artist? i've heard it before and don't know who.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
WOW! Im still crying! That is very sad indeed. I hope you dont mind if I cross post this.

I have one of those poorly bred dogs. She's an 11 yearold Sheltie. Meet her and you'll understand why I am against idiots who breed for their own benifit.

Yes, there are too many nut cases out there, I do know that when the kids looked for mugs for me, they went all over the place. They did not just pick the first dog. That is so important, too make sure that you check everyone out, it's a lot of work but hey it's worth it in the long run!:)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
:( That is so awful.

I really don't know what else to say.. all those people and those poor dogs... my heart goes out to them.

skyeboxer

I saw this post and watched the video last night. I was so sad and MAD I couldn't even respond. How can people get away with bestowing so much heartbreak? That poor dog. All those poor dogs and the owners that loved them.

Not just this breeder but all of them in it for the money, it is sickening. Thank you to places like Chaz where people can learn how to select a good breeder.

Members online

No members online now.