sick puppy

aren1235

my four month puppy is really sick. she has no strength and eats little. she has incredible diariah too. the only time she gets up is to go the bathroom, which is every 30 min. she had vaccines three days ago. the vet says that make sure she drinks lots of water and she takes a carbon pill every six hours. the vet ways it will pass, but does anyone have any suggestions???

Fran27

I would get her tested for parvo asap... How long have you had her? Have you taken her places etc?

aren1235

we are in chile. my mom in the states told me parvo is going around, but in chile? what is the proper name?

yes its not 100% they can still get it, this is not a mormal reaction to the vaccination, and untill the course is complete then she is under greater risk, what ever it is you need to find the cause, what about food, what are you feeding her?

aren1235

i will have her checked tommorow. any other suggestions, at least to let me get some sleep tonight??

aren1235

she was vaccinated for parvo a month and half ago- i am feeding her petegree comida cachorro (puppy). but valpo, chile is not exactly spotless. at this point she is just really really sick. the vet said that it just has to pass and make sure she drinks lots, and call if it gets worse, but really she is better than yesterday, but that is not saying much.

aren1235

the vaccine was a month and a half ago. i am feeding her petegree comida cachorro (puppy), but we are in valpo, chile and it is not exactly spotless AND there are tons of street dogs. at this point she is just really really sick. the vet says that it just has to pass and as long as she drinks lots...and to call if it gets worse.

aren1235

machuca is looking better today, but her diariah is just as bad as before. whats more, guess what started this morning? could i have caught the same parrasite???

aren1235

machuca is looking better today,but her diariah is just as bad as ever, and whats more, guess what started this morning, could i have caught the same parrasite??

Tinaweena

You need to go to the vet yesterday.
It may just be Giardia, which is something you can catch also. In which case it may not be life threatening if treated. But if you let anything go for too long it can kill the pup.
To let the dog sit around sick for days, you deserve to feel the same was she does. Hopefully it will make you realise what she's going through.
Get her to a vet!

showpug

I would get her to the vet ASAP and get a new vet ASAP! An illness such as the one you are describing needs medical attention right away. Waiting for it to "pass" just puts her at higher risk for not making it. I also suspect giardia or cryptosporidium etc. Dogs can die from dehydration alone and if they have severe diarrhea, it doesn't matter how much they drink, because they just loose it out the other end!

aren1235

i didn´t let her sit around sick for days, ihave been in contact with her vet multiple times a day and the vet thought we should hold out. as far as getting new vet, not so easy to find good ones in chile. honestly she is the best.

Members online

No members online now.