Who is in First Stage of Labor

adojrts

Her temp has been normal until this afternoon.

2 PM - 98.7 (stayed at this temp for almost 8 hrs)

10 PM - Started nesting, wanted outside, BM's. Temp 96.4

10:30 PM - 97.9

When the temp drops it means that she is in first stage of labor and puppies can arrive sometime in the next 24 hrs (probably sooner)

11:00 PM - Ate her last meal of the day and a drink. Little bit restless, laying in front of the fire on her fav chair or on the sofa. Tail hooked or straight out, no visable contractions yet.

12:00 AM - 98.5

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I will be holding you Who in silent mediation hoping for an easy delivery of all those puppies. Glad you have a Mama that will be right there with you.

adojrts

Thanks everyone, she should have them sometime today or early evening. She is nesting a bit and looking for hiding place to whelp. Which means she doesn't leave my sight outside because there are a couple of large holes the dogs have dug. Perfect places for a girlie to slip away and whelp in lmao. My other dogs are less than impressed that they are crated or locked in other parts of the house. But she prefers that they not be close (some girls care, some don't, she does a little). When resting she is in her fav spot in front of the fire :)
I'll keep you updated as best as possible. Thanks for the well wishes and vibes

Last edited:

adojrts

Update: Who is still in first stage of labor. Starting to do more nesting, stopped eating at noon today and should have them some time tonight or tomorrow morning. I have to take her out on leash to potty, off leash even in my fenced yard she is trying to find a place to hide. The yard is large enough and with lots of trees, holes and brush to lose her........

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
me tooooooo. Hope Little Mama got a good night's sleep. She is going to need it.

adojrts

Update: Who has been restless, nesting and very uncomfortable on and off. She has also refused all food except for some Nutri-Cal. Luckily my vet is open on Sunday mornings, I called and we decided to be safe and take her in to check fetal heartbeats. This is done to ensure that the pups are not in distress, if they are then we do a c-section. Results are that the pups are not in distress, Who is also not is trouble at this stage, just going to take a bit longer. Vet says to give her another 24 hrs, if nothing is happening, we go back and check again.
This pic was taken last night about midnight, she had been nesting a bunch then tossed herself down onto her back for a long nap.

Members online

No members online now.