Hello from Arizona

I've been poking around this board on and off for a few days now...it seems like it may be a good fit for me, so I joined yesterday. I have seen a couple of familiar names from long ago, who probably won't remember me so I won't put anyone on the spot!

We have four dogs now...

Sparky is a 14 year old border collie/ACD. He has been crazy his entire life. He loves people and FOOD. He does not seem at all like he is 14, except on some cold mornings (luckily not too many of those here). He got bit by a rattlesnake just under a year ago and we had a scarey couple of days, but he bounced back really well.

Buck is a 9 year old anatolian shepherd/great pyrenees. I actually saw him being dumped from a truck along the highway when he was a puppy. He is a mellow guy, but also very protective. Definitely a fantastic guardian.

Oscar is a 4 year old long hair chihuahua mix. The vet thought/thinks maybe chihuahua/papillon, but I have seen pictures of long hair chihuahuas that look very much like him. He weights in at 5 pounds, and has managed to capture a huge part of my heart. He was found in a dumpster along with two of his littermates (one had already passed away when they were found). I was a foster for the rescue he ended up with, and while I didn't foster small dogs (because they're not REAL dogs, don't you know) I said I would pick the pups up at the vet and foster until another foster could be arranged. When I got to the vet, there was only Oscar to pick up, his littermate did not make it. Oscar promptly wrapped himself around my little finger, though it took me several weeks to admit what everyone else already knew...there was no way he was ever going anywhere!

Phoebe is a 3 year old chihuahua/dachshund (no, I will not say chiweenie :lol-sign:). She came from my ex, who decided he wanted a small dog until he didn't...and I didn't want my daughter to have to give up her dog. She was such a scared and timid girl, but has made such a turn around. She definitely has a lot of badger hound in her!

Bigs and Clingy are 5, and were foster failures...kind of. I had a litter of kittens and their mom that I was fostering, and all found homes reasonably quickly. These two were still with me a year later and I figured by that time they were with us to stay. Not sure why they didn't get adopted, but am glad to still have them in our lives.

I have fostered many dogs and cats over the years. These days I foster them less, but find myself fostering other critters...we just had two baby goats, and I picked up 7 ducklings last weekend.

So, as you can see, I don't talk much...:lol-sign: Hope to enjoy spending some time with you all and meeting some new folks.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcomes to Chaz! Sounds like you have a great family. I'd love to see pics of them especially Buck the Anatolian/gr pyr.

Members online

No members online now.