Breeder/Team/Kennel Names

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Keechak has been my handle on the internet since I was 12 years old so It just seemed fitting to make my kennel "Keechak"

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My kennel/team/breeder name would be "Space jam"
and then we could play this at every show or event
http://youtu.be/J9FImc2LOr8
and all my dogs would have astrological names.
Totally thought that YouTube link was going to link to this instead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHI1yI1Ndk

I don't have one yet, "three shelties and whatever that thing is" was the joke for the dock diving team of Pay, Auggie, Georgie, and Henri LOL. But it was just a joke. I've been trying to come up with one. I don't want "sheltie" to be part of it because I know I'm getting a BC at some point and I don't want the poor BC to be the outcast LOL.
I need to just have a brainstorming session on it. I get great results out of brainstorming sessions. With myself. More than just "thinking" about it.

On the subject of theme song ones though, I'm tempted to go with "Swagger Jagger."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG2MrBHk

In the future I'm going to use Laurentide as a kennel name. The Laurentide ice sheet created the terrain of both Nova Scotia and Wisconsin (and Niagara Falls!). In particular, the Kettle Moraines which is some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I just love it, I could spend my life just tooling around in that forest with my dog.

For training I want to use TailSpin

Torch

I would probably use some form of Torch or Torchbearer. I'm an alum of the University of Tennessee, from the college of communication. One of our 'mascots' is the Torchbearer. He resides on the grounds of the college of communication. He's like the physical manifestation of our handle, the Tennessee Volunteers (why they gave him another name, I have no idea!)

Big bronze statue with a greek god looking dude holding a torch that never burns out. One of our oldest mottos at the university is "One that beareth a torch standeth in shadow to give light to others." I've always liked the sentiment behind it.

BostonBanker

Is this a thing? Do I need a team name for my dogs? I know about breeder names, but I've never heard of this for sport dogs and such.

My poor dogs. They don't have a team name or a theme song.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Night terror. So far the Plotts only have their breeder's kennel names but eventually when I re-register Rage with AKC ill try to add night terror to the beginning...

Flyinsbt

My kennel name is "Flyin' SBTs", or just "Flyin". It came about, rather boringly, because I bred my first litter as a co-breeding with Tully's breeder, so I figured I needed to use her kennel name, which is "DayDream". Tully's registered name was "DayDream London Calling", which meant that Tess' registered name clearly had to be "London's Burning", but with DayDream in there too, that left me only 5 spaces for my own kennel name. Which also had to not sound stupid with "DayDream". So, Flyin DayDream Londons Burning. "Flyin" was for my first Stafford, Elmo, who I adopted as a rescue/rehome. He was known for being a big jumper:

There's no catchy song associated with the name, though I do have a logo:

Which I've never actually used for anything, but there it is. (edited to add that I have no idea why I had a "g" in there, and I'd have to take it off if I ever actually used the logo for anything) And the dogs have songs, obviously. Tess has "London's Burning", because duh. Her daughter, Eva, is "Flyin Eve of Destruction" (her owner tried to come up with more positive imagery, but decided to just accept destiny). And Pirate is "Flyin The Jolly Roger", which sadly is not a song, but I just yesterday learned that Norah Jones wrote a song about agility with Pirate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTxythHY09k

I assure you that this is an accurate rendition, except that Norah Jones is much better looking than me.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Is this a thing? Do I need a team name for my dogs? I know about breeder names, but I've never heard of this for sport dogs and such.
Dock diving is the only one I've really seen use it. And mainly those associated with the DockDogs venue. At the Eukanuba event I did see one car that had "Team ____" and it was for agility, though!

SaraB

We use them in disc and I know they are popular with dock diving, but that's the only two places I have heard of team names being used.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yep, I think Dock Diving is where the team names really started. They are starting to creep into agility but it seems like it's mostly because people want something cool to embroider on their lawn chairs hahaha.

Gypsydals

I wanted something that incorporated the history of the breed. And well Coach is used so many ways. I went with a different way. Although I have yet to use it on a dog. Hopefully this ! summer ! though!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew

Mine's more just a name I incorporate in all their registered names to tie them together on paper. It'll likely be used as part of Mira's litter's registered names as well if all goes well. I've never heard of team names in agility unless someone uses their kennel name to refer to their dogs as a whole (even those who aren't technically of the same breeding or even breed). Kind of like how I refer to my dogs en masse as the ShaiCrew. It's just an informal moniker.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
My kennel name is "Flyin' SBTs", or just "Flyin". It came about, rather boringly, because I bred my first litter as a co-breeding with Tully's breeder, so I figured I needed to use her kennel name, which is "DayDream". Tully's registered name was "DayDream London Calling", which meant that Tess' registered name clearly had to be "London's Burning", but with DayDream in there too, that left me only 5 spaces for my own kennel name. Which also had to not sound stupid with "DayDream". So, Flyin DayDream Londons Burning. "Flyin" was for my first Stafford, Elmo, who I adopted as a rescue/rehome.
e.
Thank you for clearing this up, I keep pronouncing your username in my head as "Flynns-bot", basically.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
FinkieMom and I are Team Red Dog!
YES RED DOGS RULE.

Well since I knew Bubbles would be bred soon, I picked a kennel name about a year ago. I wanted something Finnish yet relatively easy to pronounce, nothing that was a play on words, but had meaning. I used Google translate a lot LOL, and Loistava just stuck. It means, "shining, brilliant, magnificent..." I liked it and it works for the breed, I think.

For training, I picked Red Fox Dog Training, for obvious reasons LOL.

Red Chrome

I forgot about DockDogs. For DockDogs...our Team name is in memory of Red...so we are Team Red Flyer. She is the reason we do dockdogs...so I figured she needed to be a big part of our name!

Members online

No members online now.