Do you even bother buying tissue paper?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
We do, because it's cheaper with the amount we go through due to allergies.

ETA: Do you really call it tissue paper? We just call it tissues.. tissue paper is something you use to stuff gift bags to hide the gift with :rofl1:

Xandra

Yes. Especially when I have a cold, using toilet paper wrecks my nose. Maybe our toilet paper isn't very high quality lol.

I don't, unless I have a cold. Then I want something soft. Otherwise I use toilet paper or even paper towels.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Yup. I have a sensitive nose. LOL But we also buy really nice, soft toilet paper, so I'll use that when we're out of kleenex.

thehoundgirl

Well I call it kleenex lol. We buy it all the time since we all have seasonal allergies.

Doberluv

I had a bad cold a few months ago. My nose was so sore and red from blowing it. It was really beginning to hurt to touch or rub a Kleenex or toilet paper against it at all. After all, paper is from wood. Ouch. So, I resorted to a large stack of hankies that I went through and then ran them through the wash and started all over again. lol. There's nothing better than a cotton handkerchief. But yeah, I keep a box of (what I call Kleenex, even if it's another brand) in all three of my bathrooms and one in the kitchen/family area on a low shelf and one in my den near my computer. I prefer them to toilet paper. I also wouldn't like to set out a roll of toilet paper in another room of my house besides the bathroom. In my cute little powder room, I put a square box (more expensive) that has pictures of red Adirondacks chairs and other sea side side scenes on each side. It matches perfectly. I hardly use them from that box, as they're uneconomical. They're saved for guests.

It's funny I worry about the difference of the cost of a square kleenex box from a rectangular one. I'm really spending too much on my landscaping project. I haven't tallied it up yet but I suspect it's over budget. I'm afraid to do the math. :eek:I guess if I concentrate on how a box of Kleenex costs a lot, I might be able to put this other thing out of my mind, right? :D

jenv101

Bite Club
I call it Kleenex too and yes I have a box in almost every room and I'm very particular about the kind I buy. I always have it on me too - I blow my nose a lot lol

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
We occasionally have a box or two lying around. Usually we just use toilet paper though - it is not uncommon for the sick person in the house to keep a roll of TP with them at all times :p

Kleenex ruins my nose just as badly as TP does.

Kimbers

If I lived alone, I probably wouldn't.
I once had a bad cold, though, and took a roll of toilet paper in my room when I went to sleep. The dang dog got a hold of it and pretty much TP'd my room. Of course, my mom walked in and went nuts because there was moist (from the dog's mouth) toilet paper all over the floor.
Awkward dog is awkward...

GipsyQueen

I do, but I have allergies from like March till July and toilet paper is too expensive to use for that.

Saeleofu

Not unless I'm sick, in which case I but the ones with lotion and Vicks in them. Heaven in a box <3

Here toilet paper is WAYYYYYY cheaper than tissues.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
We go to costco and buy a big block of charmin toilet paper and a big block of kleenex boxes (usually puffs brand). Toilet paper is for the bathroom only, kleenex is for blowing your snotbox.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
We do, because it's cheaper with the amount we go through due to allergies.

ETA: Do you really call it tissue paper? We just call it tissues.. tissue paper is something you use to stuff gift bags to hide the gift with :rofl1:
LOL, I read the thread title and my first thought was "What ELSE do you put in gift bags?" :rofl1:

I've never heard it referred to as tissue paper, it's just tissues :p

And no, we don't have any. But if I get a bad cold I will most certainly go buy some!

ACooper

Yes, I buy tissues........or like others have said, we call them Kleenex no matter what brand they are, LOL I keep them all over the house. There's a box in the office, one in the living room, of course one in each bathroom, one in my bedroom too.

*weirdo alert* I think it's fun matching up different boxes to the room decors! I have purchased REALLY CHEAP tissues sometimes just so I could have a certain design on the box :eek: ROFL! Normally we have Puffs or Kleenex though.
(yes, I could have 'tissue box cozies' but that would suck some fun out of life for me, LMAO!)

Members online

No members online now.