oh dear, Sunny has reverted

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
He's begun just randomly peeing on the floor for no reason. I mean, he doesn't even go to the back door. I don't think it is a urinary tract infection as he manages to hold it very well in "his" spaces, but in the past two days he has had 3 accidents after not having any for a few months! also he's not enthused about going off the back porch for whatever reason, just like when he was a little guy (the reason then was the steps were a bit scary, but he is fine with steps now). I have to pull him off the back porch to go potty and ALL of our doors lead to porches. I don't know what to do and I am getting annoyed. I moved back to square one with the leash and him always being with me, going out once an hour. Here's hoping. Any ideas what could have caused this sudden relapse?

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
I don't think so, and he'll willingly walk around off lead but I don't always have time to let him explore the yard so I put him on the lead and walk him out. One way or another I can't just let him walk outside and do his buisness anymore. Used to be I could open the door, he'd go out, piddle and run right back. Now it is a huge production and I HAVE to be off the porch before he'll leave the back door. I am sure he's terrified that I am going to (horror of horrors) leave him in the back yard to play so I can fix dinner without him underfoot. :rolleyes:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
could he have been stung by something and u didn't see it? they don't always swell up. We had a great dane when i was a teen that was stung by a bumble bee and that was the very last time he ever went out voluntarily..i would still get a urine specimen..(tape a cup to a yard stick works easiest) and have it checked all the same.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
I will. It is just odd that he can hold it while he is crated or in "his room" but not in our livingroom. I dunno. I think part of it may be attention seeking as I haven't been able to walk him due to a sprained hip. That all changes tomorrow when we go out on a loooooong hike and try to make up for lost time. Hopefully with the increased exercise and time outside he'll remember where he's supposed to go and leave my poor carpets alone! Any other good reasons he could be doing this ?

I think it sounds like you may have the answer there, Sunny. Just don't overdo it on your hike tomorrow. And get a jar of Tiger Balm. Works wonders on strains, sprains and sore muscles! ;)

Members online

No members online now.