The Venting Thread

MicksMom

Loving this snow day although Thanks Beezer for the heart attack this morning. He went out and was all fired up because of the snow and he just ran and ran and ran for like 15 minutes straight and then he stopped suddenly and started walking to the house and just stopped in his tracks and had a really weird look on his face. I coaxed him into the house and he got totally disoriented and started staggering everywhere and almost falling down and had a look of panic on his face. after about 3 minutes he snapped out of it and was totally back to normal...
:eek: That sounds a lot like Exercise Indused Collapse (EIC). http://www.vdl.umn.edu/ourservices/canineneuromuscular/eic/

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I can't find much info on the symptoms but this is the first time anything like this has ever happened with him and he's about 7 or 8 years old so I don't think it's a genetic condition.

Someone on facebook brought up that it could be a blood sugar drop brought on by the exercise and resulting in a mild seizure. What I've read about that... it makes sense. he hadn't eaten anything yet today at that point and he was just really disoriented and staggering. he didn't really collapse or fall or anything but it was like his brain wanted him to go one way but his legs were getting mixed signals.

After a couple minutes (it may have only been one minute but it seemed like it was forever) he just snapped out of it and was completely back to normal. But his body temp was WAY up. he was SO HOT. His temp and color is back to normal now though.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The boss wants us to put photos of ourselves up on the website.
I do not want to do this. I told him this, my co-worker was on the phone with him and explained it's not a unique concern as it relates to privacy, and he still came back with "we're doing it."

I'm... not really excited about how I am about to respond to this.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Maybe do some "camouflage" makeup, where you make your nose look a little different, your jaw line just slightly wider or narrower, same with your eyes? So technically it's you...but not.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Can they do that Beanie? Legally without your permission?

That royaly sucks and is so wrong. You don't do that to someone.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Maybe do some "camouflage" makeup, where you make your nose look a little different, your jaw line just slightly wider or narrower, same with your eyes? So technically it's you...but not.
That won't prevent somebody from thinking "that girl's hot, maybe I should stalk her."

Can they do that Beanie? Legally without your permission?

That royaly sucks and is so wrong. You don't do that to someone.
I have to read my contract, but I'm pretty sure not.

Grab

Someone on facebook brought up that it could be a blood sugar drop brought on by the exercise and resulting in a mild seizure. .
If it were a blood sugar issue, I'd expect that he would not improve until the blood sugar were raised..either by his eating or by you introducing dextrose/syrup, etc.

It does sound a bit like a seizure, and their temps do rise when they're seizuring. I'd keep an eye on him and if the situation repeats, take him in for some bloodwork.

Grab

The boss wants us to put photos of ourselves up on the website.
I do not want to do this. I told him this, my co-worker was on the phone with him and explained it's not a unique concern as it relates to privacy, and he still came back with "we're doing it."

I'm... not really excited about how I am about to respond to this.
We were supposed to have bios and photos on our work website. I do not like photos of myself, much less posted somewhere. Thank heavens they forgot about such things

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
If it were a blood sugar issue, I'd expect that he would not improve until the blood sugar were raised..either by his eating or by you introducing dextrose/syrup, etc.

It does sound a bit like a seizure, and their temps do rise when they're seizuring. I'd keep an eye on him and if the situation repeats, take him in for some bloodwork.
I did coax him into the house with a beggin strip but I doubt that would be enough to do much for the blood sugar.

We are keeping a close eye on him and not letting him do too much running around for now (which isn't easy given the new dumping of snow we just got today lol).

Saeleofu

I asked the clinic I used to work at the reorder the cosequin, welactin, and advantix for me TWO WEEKS ago. I get a call from the receptionist today asking what did I want to order again! I am out of all of that stuff right now, and it'll be at least 2 weeks before any gets here, now. This is the last straw, I'm changing clinics.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well, I read my contract and no where in there does it say he has any rights to my likeness. My co-worker similarly doesn't want his photo up and he is prepared to have a fight about it should we need to. My other co-worker has sent the boss an e-mail to tell him we are saying no to having our photos posted.

This is probably going to result in a big fight. It shouldn't.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
He had a long conversation behind closed doors with my co-worker and he relented.
Except then he asked me how to do something "But don't do it, I want you to tell me so I can learn how to do it."

Awesome. Now he's trying to figure out how to fire me.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Sewer frozen, third day now, I. Officially hate winter.
I know I am far far south of you but we had a really bad winter and this hPoened to us ... The main sewer line in the house we were living in froze (our house was cinder block and the under carriage wasn't covered :/ ) so I can sympathize with you ... Hope you thaw our soon!!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Today is amazing.

Took me an hour to get to work. The first four hours of my day was useless. Didn't sell anything. Got tickets to the Avalanche game tonight that I really want to go to, except I had a panic attack when I got home after T-boning this asshole who ran a red light on the way home. I. don't. want. to. drive.

Truck is fine, bumper's not even scratched although it was smooshed in a bit. His POS was pretty badly damaged, and the car next to me stopped about a foot short of hitting him - we both almost got rear-ended, too. It wasn't even like the light had JUST gone red and he was trying to run it, it had been red for a while and he didn't even slow down when he approached it.

I'm just SO shaken up over this, which is weird for me.

Members online

No members online now.