I need walking through this (Raw feeding shopping question).

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ok, so I am KIND of getting the jist of the raw feeding thing... maybe. I can't source meat just 'at the shops' because it doesn't work like that, and it'll be very expensive.

So I'm looking for people who deliver meat.

So far this website seems to be reasonably priced (I did find one better, but they don't deliver GRR):

http://www.nurturingbynature.co.uk/default.asp

I like the look of this:

http://www.nurturingbynature.co.uk/bulk_buy_selection_pack_48_in_box_p/48pk400gspk.htm

Selection pack of 32 400g Chicken & Chicken mixes & 16 400g blixed fruit and vegetable

Contents: 16 x 100% Minced Chicken, 8 Minced Chicken and Oily Fish, 8 Minced Chicken and Tripe, 16 400g blixed fruit and vegetable

Would 400g = one meal for Bodhi (she's approx 20kg or 44lb), or would she need two??

32 packs would either last her a month, or 2 weeks... if it's 2 weeks that's PRETTY expensive............! Add another dog to the mix and it's VERY VERY expensive.

I spend about £40/month on her food as it is, so I'd be happy to pay £40 on meat a month.

Would I need to add anything else? You can buy chicken carcasses too which look cheap, so I could mix them up into it. And they sell lamb ribs... Would I just give one of those a week to subsitute a soft meal?

What would you order off there, and how much would it come too?

If I do it for Bodhi, I am assuming I will do it for no name puppy, and price is a massive factor for me... plus if I am bulk buying for 2 dogs it may work the price down a bit.

HALP.

Would they need anything other than what I was buying (chicken, chicken & fish, chicken & tripe, chicken carcasses, lamb ribs, veggies pulped)??? I know they need organ meat tooo??

They do sell this seperately too:

http://www.nurturingbynature.co.uk/Minced_Chicken_Mixed_Offals_400g_p/mchmo400g.htm

Composition: Chicken (meat, Cartilage & Bone) & Mixed Lamb / Beef / Pork Offals

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
It says here:

Take the approximate ideal weight of the dog.
For every 10 Kg of the dogs weight allow 100 grams of meat.

But I have read elsewhere that she would need up too 1kg of meat?!!!

200g vs 1000g is a massive difference.

Typically you want to feed roughly 2.5% of the dogs body weight per day. So, if she weighs 20 kgs, that would be roughly 0.5 kgs, or 500 grams, per day. Every dog has a different metabolism and calorie requirements, but that's a good starting point. Keep in mind that you can balance over time....if she gets a large meal one day, feed a small meal the next day, etc.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
What if it was chicken mixes - they have chicken & lamb, and chicken & venison?

Plus the pork ribs??

I'm trying to do the maths too!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Typically you want to feed roughly 2.5% of the dogs body weight per day. So, if she weighs 20 kgs, that would be roughly 0.5 kgs, or 500 grams, per day. Every dog has a different metabolism and calorie requirements, but that's a good starting point. Keep in mind that you can balance over time....if she gets a large meal one day, feed a small meal the next day, etc.
So that's a pack a day for her, and prob a pack and a half a day for baby dog... which works out at £2/day for bodhi and let's say £3/day for no name (approx) just meat cartons, then throw in the chicken carcasses/ribs/veg...

That's about £60 + £48 per month.... £120/month for 2 dogs??? :yikes:

Ish??

Members online

No members online now.