Moon Shot's!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
HOW!? My moons always end up as just bright white circles, no details. :( Even with a tripod and long exposure.

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
HOW!? My moons always end up as just bright white circles, no details. :( Even with a tripod and long exposure.

Tripod, remote & Believe it or not Macro setting, Also the 70-300 lens & A flash.

Short exposure, SHORT exposure. The moon is lit by the SUN, and in fact is very bright. You get white disks because you're overexposing so far as to remove all the detail. Plus, on a long enough exposure (say, with a high aperture) the moon moves and blurs itself.

Shooting the Moon

Very nicely done, 2pups!

Zoom, next time you're trying moon shots, try 1/125 of a second at f/5.6 or f/8 and ISO 100 or 200. I'm only guessing because the moon's completely blocked by clouds right now so I can't check. Also, if you have a mirror lock-up function with a 2 or 12 second delay, use it for a couple of shots as the mirror-slap could cause a bit of blur as well.

elegy

overdogged
sweet. i was fooling around trying to shoot the moon (ha!) the other night but i need a tripod.

Members online

No members online now.