bad rabbit... bad... she bit me...

mrose_s

BusterLove
you know about our two rabbits, becasue i think we might loose them i have been very scared and yes... avoiding them so they havnt got as much attention as the hould have. so i let them out with me tonight and willow chased thistle and bit and attacked her, i went over to break it up and she latched onto my arm. i yelped and screamed and tried pushing her off with my hand.

all the while she was making this really angry and stressed grunting sound. How can i curb this behaviour??? Saje, you have rabbits right?

Saje

Island dweller
I do. Are they fixed? Unaltered rabbits can act very aggressively and strangely all of a sudden. They are quite hormonal creatures so that may play a role in it.

I don't remember if the two rabbits live together? Are they in the same hutch? It sounds like they were being territorial and you got in the middle of it. I'd try and pay more attention to them but not push them into anything. Sitting on the ground with them and letting them come up to you is one of the best ways to bond.

And remember that rabbits need at least 2 hours of play time outside of their cage or they get a little crazy so make sure they are still getting plenty of exercise!

mrose_s

BusterLove
thanks, no they are not fixed. but i think we will soon. They were in the same hutch but they were fighting (ot rather just thistle was being beaten up badly) so we found another one and they have there own.

willow was so horrible last night, usually she bits thistle but nothing huge because thissy always goes back, last night whenver she saw willow she would run away as fast as she could poor girl.

oh and just a question, do rabbits mark terriroty by rubbing their chins on stuf because willow does that to EVERYTHING and thistle never does.

I don't know much about Wabbits, but my guess is they might be like cats and have scent glands in their chin/facial area and they rub it on stuff to mark their territory. :confused:

Saje

Island dweller
Yup they do. I think it's pretty cute.

My guess is that getting them fixed will change a lot. They may never bond though because even after the horomones go away they will remember that they didn't like each other. It can be pretty tricky

mrose_s

BusterLove
ok, thats not a huge problem, she bit me again last night but i cant blame her, i was sticcking my hand into her cage to get her food dish so
my hand in her cage = invasion of territory
so cant blame her but she is a little vicous

milo

Labrador lover!!!!!
weee it might be just they havent been "fixed" so thats why they ahve be behaving the way they have been god luck and heres a web site for you about rabbits! i have a few but if you want become a memebr and chat about wabbits!!
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Rabbits/index.php?act=idx
http://rabbits-forums.com/
good luck!! hope it doesnt happern again and hope that hand doesnt hurt to much!! :D

Members online

No members online now.