BIG project

Katja

Hi!

I started on my BIG project of Swedish wildlife (it will be a series of oil paintings featuring lynx, wolves, moose and other Swedish wildlife).

I started with Lynx which will be 88 x 60 cm (34.6 x 23.6 in) and here are first photos:

Just to keep you guys updated. :)

On dogs front GSD painting is finished and framed ready to be delivered to owner.

Bye, Katja

Brandyb

Beautiful work! Looking forward to see what the lynx painting will look like when complete!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Those are so beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished lynx!
I love the GSD one!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You have shown excellent sketal structure in both, i applaud! The colors are rich and the composition has tension thus life blown into it, all works very well indeed.

Katja

Hi!

Thank you all for your comments.. I finally managed to go to step 2 with Lynx, canvas is now covered with oil paint and I worked a little bit on face:

I also finished Groenendael (In USA called Belgian Sheep dog) in water colours:

Bye, Katja

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
looking good...i was contacted to do a shepard, i will pass your name along. I am not doing any portraits at this time but i feel you are just excellent at them, and your most recent proves my point. THE lynx has a wonderful wintry feel, you can almost smell the air.

Katja

I forgot to post the finished artwork...
...so here it is. :)

Title: On the prowl

Sincerely,
Katja

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
your use of sunlight really pulls the life right into your painting. WEll done:hail: Use of light is something i study constantly. My favorite at the Nelson Atkins museum is a field of cows pleasant enough to look at but the sunlight that filters through the tail of one in particular tells me even what time of day it was there. Breathtaking.

Katja

Hi,

Thanks... Well last couple of paintings I have been working allot more with light and colours then I did before. Somehow it felt that is more important then details, even though everything together makes a perfect painting. I try to find colours in a subject and exaggerate them to a certain level and same goes with lights.

Well, practice makes perfect they say. Who knows what and how I will paint next year.

Sincerely,
Katja

Members online

No members online now.