Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

CaliTerp07

Had a sonogram today. It was like a house of mirrors, the baby would look like a fat teddy bear and then the tech would wiggle around and it would look like a skinny string bean. The tech kept saying, "It's so cute!" and I kept thinking, "It looks like an alien with an engorged head!"

Measuring at 10 weeks according to ultrasound, 9w 4d according to my calculations. They left the due date at April 7th.

Taqroy

Babies that small totally look like aliens. I distinctly recall our sonographer saying "Oh how CUTE" right before she took this picture.

Untitled by taqroy, on Flickr

Yeah. Totally cute in that "abduct me and eat my brain" kind of way.

milos_mommy

I'm going to KILL my mother.

She wanted to take Lillian to look at a truck. Since I haven't slept in 24 hours I said ok. The instructions were: don't make 6oz in one bottle because I'm sick of throwing out formula every time you make her a bottle. Don't put her to sleep because it's 6:30 and I want to sleep tonight.

She gets home with a 6 oz bottle and my daughter sound asleep, and comes in sshhhing her and sticking the pacifier in her mouth to put her back asleep at 7:45 to get her BACK asleep.

She also "adjusted" her car seat straps to effing way way too loose. If she got into a car accident she would have killed my daughter.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I remember after all three ultrasounds that we had and then after she was born... Something very distinct about her was present from our 11 week ultrasound to her stay in the NICU. She always had her right hand up by her face. In every ultrasound that arm was up there and then when she was born and she was swaddled but she had to get that arm out. When she was admitted to NICU with Pneumonia, they put the IV in her right hand and taped her hand to a board. Two days later we came to the NICU to see bright lights over her and a doctor and nurses doing something over her. We were freaking out. Turns out they were just moving the iv out of her hand and into her umbilical cord because no matter now much they taped it or restrained it... Try could not keep her from getting her hand free of that board lol.

So even the early aliens may be showing part of their personality.

The weird thing is it was always her right hand.... And now she's left handed lol

Paige

Let it be
I'm going to KILL my mother.

She wanted to take Lillian to look at a truck. Since I haven't slept in 24 hours I said ok. The instructions were: don't make 6oz in one bottle because I'm sick of throwing out formula every time you make her a bottle. Don't put her to sleep because it's 6:30 and I want to sleep tonight.

She gets home with a 6 oz bottle and my daughter sound asleep, and comes in sshhhing her and sticking the pacifier in her mouth to put her back asleep at 7:45 to get her BACK asleep.

She also "adjusted" her car seat straps to effing way way too loose. If she got into a car accident she would have killed my daughter.
My mom doesn't watch briggs because if she does she fries him out on tv then puts him down for a 5 hour nap (he cannot do electronics or nap or he is up all night head banging, screaming and tryig to hurt me).... And good god the car seat battle never ends. People need to learn comfort doesn't trump safety

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
So that local board says you have to be actively TTC to be a member. smh. That being said, though, the woman working on my registration said she'd be happy to ask the board a few of my questions if I was game for that, so I'm totally going to do that - at least I'll get some of the info I need when I need it!

Paige

Let it be
Daw so cute!

Blake went for an acting audition... I have no idea why because they aren't wanting a ginger (casting for a younger version of the main actor and they are not ging) but they all were so smitten with him. He is such a little ham.

I went to a dock dogs event with Obi two hours away yesterday. Everything was running late so I ended up being gone for TWELVE hours! Everleigh was alone with dh for the first time everrrrrrr.

He did SOOO great with her! I'm so proud of him because he's been so nervous to be alone with her, worried about not being able to tell why she was fussing or crying or not being able to know when she was hungry. But he did great! It was nice to know that she is happy to be with her dad and it gave him a big confidence boost. Score!

(Oh yeah, and Obi got 2nd place in Novice-- proud of him too!)

milos_mommy

Has anyone else experienced a nursing strike? Lillian's been refusing to latch for about a week. I just found out this is normal and I could still get her back to nursing well.

I think I'm going to try to feed her from a cup for a few days. I'm already doing nursing naps, and someone suggested feeding her on an exercise ball. Anyone have suggestions?

Paige

Let it be
Any mamas/parents havign to go back to school or work?

I am terrified to leave Briggs. Blake being 2 years younger I worry less about because he is typical. Briggs makes life a little more full due to all his appointments and I have no idea how I am going to manage. I didn't finish high school and it is all online. I am going to sign up to finish tomorrow and I am very intimidated on how I will manage everything and then next year how I will leave him to attend the university I want to.

Please tell me it's going to be alright, that i will find the time and will be able to not cry every day I leave them when I finally have to.

Members online

No members online now.