The Venting Thread

DJEtzel

Did not get the job I had applied for in August that I have done numerous interviews for, numerous background/reference/driving checks and online behavioral assessments for. It's been 5 months... of waiting and hoping, passing every cut except the last sucks.

I drank a lot last night. I'm gonna drink a lot tonight.

2014 is just not my year. Everything has gone wrong so far, I really hope it can be turned around. 2013 was so much better, I'd like to go back to that, please.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Did not get the job I had applied for in August that I have done numerous interviews for, numerous background/reference/driving checks and online behavioral assessments for. It's been 5 months... of waiting and hoping, passing every cut except the last sucks.
Sonnuvabitch. That sucks. I'm sorry.

DJEtzel

Sonnuvabitch. That sucks. I'm sorry.
Thanks. I'm kind of relieved at the same time, but it just infuriates me that they would drag me along this far just to dump me off the wagon. :rofl1:

Silver lining is I get to keep my dog park job and the doggies get to continue swimming and being active this summer, moreso than if I had taken the new one. And I get to stay in town with my friends/family and SO. XD

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Asked for the afternoon off to go with my sister for her drivers test and I got called in. I told them if they absolutely needed me that I could come in but I made it pretty clear how important it was to me to be there for my sister. So I'm not mad, just upset.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Thanks. I'm kind of relieved at the same time, but it just infuriates me that they would drag me along this far just to dump me off the wagon. :rofl1:

Silver lining is I get to keep my dog park job and the doggies get to continue swimming and being active this summer, moreso than if I had taken the new one. And I get to stay in town with my friends/family and SO. XD
Hooray for silver linings? I'm sorry the other job didn't pan out. :(

DJEtzel

Hooray for silver linings? I'm sorry the other job didn't pan out. :(
If silver linings didn't exist I'd be drinking into oblivion.

Just found out I was in the top five for the job. Out of a "large selection" whatever that means. They hired three for the position. ;(

Don't know if that makes me feel better or worse. Lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The snow is coming... I was hoping it would hold off longer but nope. They're predicting 2-3 inches will fall before 5PM.

I don't want to drive in it. I want to go home and sit at home and not have to worry about having to make it home without sliding into somebody or some dumbass going LOLOLOL I HAVE A TRUCK sliding into me (which has almost happened three times this year.) A guy just came in to pick up some stuff and said "it's getting nasty already." Great. Great great great. Ughhhhhh.

Xandra

Just moved out into a basement suite. The guy in the suite beside me is going bonkers over the phone about (I think) the landlords? Like he needs a ****ing Valium or some good weed or something.

On the plus side, Roman's been really good, only let out a couple of medium loud barks. I think that's pretty good considering he was on 2 acres before and now he's in a house in the city with a small barky dog upstairs and various people coming and going.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
My mom has gone on vacation for 3 weeks, leaving us with her 2 dogs (Oz and Ruby). Normally this would be fine, however my father is insisting that the 2 sleep in my bedroom with the others at night so they don't bother him.

1:45am rolls around and I wake up to the most vomit inducing smell I've ever witnessed in my entire life. The smell was so disgustingly strong that I nearly puked upon waking up.

Turn on my bedside light to see a giant nasty pile of feces all over the floor by the end of my bed. Without being too graphic, I suspect some of it came from the other end too.

I've spent a lot a time cleaning up dog crap in my life, but this, this was just something else.
Threw Oz outside (It was clear it was him), and took me 4 tries to clean it up because I had to keep leaving the area entirely to catch my breath.

So that's how my morning started.

Had chiropractor appointment at 11, which went well, and was supposed to have my tattoo done at 12. This particular tattoo has been rescheduled so many times in the last month, and guess what, it was again today. (In the artist's defense he has had some really bad luck lately, now his finger is broken). So the facility has offered me a new artist and a $30/hr discount which I guess I can't complain about.

And I've got group assignment after group assignment where I seem to be the only one doing any work?

But just between the rude awakening at 1:45 then to find out it's pushed back *again* I know it's not the end of the world, but dammit I don't do well without my sleep.

Lyzelle

It is rainy, nasty, and flooding everywhere. And I need coffee and Zaner food. Bleh. Don't wanna. My car is TERRIBLE in rain, too.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Outside is death. :yikes:

It is SOOOO cold outside. Even just going between classes was scary, my fingers and face went from "ow, stinging" to "Are they still attached?" in less than a minute. O_O

Really though, it's 10F out, but the wind is so bad that the "real feel" my phone says right now is -10F and I believe it! It's only going to get colder over the next few days. How am I going to get to school tomorrow!? *cries*

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Posted on FB by my boyfriend's cousin, who just had a baby: "Going back to work has been so hard, feminists ruined my life"

...Oh my god. Don't even get me started.

Members online