Good dog movies

What are some good dog movies? I've been watching the 1972 version of The Biscuit Eater and was surprised how good it is - so many animal movies are so awful, just a pretty horsie or cute doggie to park the kids in front of for a couple hours.

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
Iron Will all the way! OK, so maybe I'm just saying this cause its the best sled dog movie. But still, quite good.

I love the border collies in Babe... the part where the mother bc is watching her puppies go to new homes, and they zoom in on her soulful border collie gaze...omg, so sad, I want to cry every time!

of Disney's older animated classics, my favorites featuring dogs were Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations (the original cartoon, not the one with Glen Close) and The Fox and the Hound. I think The Fox and the Hound must be one of the saddest children's movies ever made!

Homeward Bound - The Incredible Journey actually isn't too bad, it's pretty cutsey but I used to really like it when I was a kid

Cats & Dogs is another cutesy one, but it's hilarious, especially the "evil" villain cat :D

Turner & Hooch if you're a fan of drooley hound dogs (I am), or of Tom Hanks (guilty again) :D

...hmm, and this isn't a dog movie, but animal lovers will love 'Two Brothers', the movie about the tiger cubs...omg, so good, another one that makes me cry!!

Brattina88

in addition to the above...
I like K9 (and the sequal/s)... i LOVE Jerry Lee in that movie :lol-sign:

Members online