Omg omg omg.

Dagwall

Jubel is a great mouser, has a handful of mouse kills under his paws. Thankfully he doesn't seem to want to eat them. He paws them to death and then is sad that his new toy is broken.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah she wasn't eating them thankfully. I'm always wary they've been poisoned by a neighbor or something.

I really am surprised she went for such a fast kill though. With bugs and critters she usually just tries to play with them. But she was definitely NOT playing with this mouse.

Oh well... it was quick.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Kota killed the only mouse we ever had at my parent's house. I don't think he meant to. It moved, he went for it and grabbed it in his mouth. It doesn't take much. He bit down and broke it's back or neck or something. I told him "drop it" and he did. I still remember the crunch and the death twitch.

I had mouse poop at my house but never saw a mouse. We got a trap. I wanted one that kills them. Not poisons, but one that zaps them with electricity. My dad had a live trap laying around so he baited it with peanut butter and put it down at my house. I haven't seen any poop since and we've never caught anything. I wanted it dead though. None of this catch and release stuff for me. Pet mice are great... but otherwise they are pests. Nnnnnope.

Kota got to sleep in my bedroom and on my bed the night he killed that mouse. Happy did too, LOL, but he didn't know why. Mr. Kota K was my hero though. Good boy.

Mia is being a good girl. Now you just need to teach her to put them in the trash for you LOL.

Mice are a big problem in my house....its really old (1865) and with all the rehab we do, often walls etc are open. Then they get in. My cats are getting older (14 and 16) so arent super effective anymore but they at least alert us to them being in the house. If Ivy catches them she thinks they are pets (I guess because she grew up with rats) and Quke, I have no idea but I bet he would run away lol

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
We actually had a mouse climb into the parakeet cage and eat their food (to my horror, I found droppings in their bowl one morning). They didn't touch Yoda's food, but quaker parrots are pretty territorial, so my guess is that any mouse that ventured in there would regret it pretty quickly.

We eventually caught them (in quick kill traps, we are not a catch and release household when it comes to mice), but it was just gross knowing they were there.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Awww, I'm sorry that it upsets you. Poor you and poor Summer :/

I don't mind when animals get and kill things, as long as they make it quick. I do worry about Siri and my pet rats though. I would be traumatized if she killed one. She is always in a crate with the latch double checked before the rat cage door comes open.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh it's not the mouse death that makes me sad/upset. It's the grossness of having to pick up dead mice.

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

I'm happy she's killing pests. Just wish she'd not do it on my carpet, haha.

DenoLo

Oh Mia, good girl but ugh. I hope Lola sticks to moths!! Lucy caught a very very stupid mouse outside last week and I had to wrest it from the jaws of death. Mouse probably didn't deserve to pass on his genes, but there you have it lol.

Members online