Tablet vs. Ipad?

Grab

I really dislike Apple products, so I'm probably biased, lol.

I will note that there are grants, etc that provide iPads to schools and, I'm sure, therapy organizations. So that might be why she's using one.

My husband has an Android tablet. We have apps with flashcards, etc for Clive as well as little kid games for him. I don't use it that often, but find it easy to use. (about the same as my phone, which is also Android, lol)

I know people with iPads, and they seem to have the same apps I'm able to get.

So, I'd probably go by cost factor.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I have to represent Nooks because I worked for Barnes and Noble. It depends on what you want but they are pretty decent e-readers. The BIG bonus is there is ALWAYS FREE in store support. And you can get most tablets 'rooted' to get 'all' the apps that you want on them. The Nooks are fairly durable and one of the better ones for children. They have read to me features and the newer ones (HD) have a cool computer-like set up. There are different profiles on the Nook. You can have a profile for yourself and different ones for each child. I personally love that feature and feel it's under[represented. It depends on your price range. iPads are usually going to get the highest ratings but they're also a lot more expensive than Nooks or Kindles. I don't know if I would get an iPad if my kids would be using it often.

If you don't have a Barnes and Noble in your area, the bonus for Nooks is kind of moot. If you do, they are usually more than happy to answer questions. They might be a little pushy around this time, though.

I am posting from a rooted Nook tablet. It's quite powerful for the price. Since it's rooted I'm not stuck with just the limited B&N apps, as I also loaded both Google Play and the Amazon All Store. I read Kindle books on my Nook. All I'm missing is a camera!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I am posting from a rooted Nook tablet. It's quite powerful for the price. Since it's rooted I'm not stuck with just the limited B&N apps, as I also loaded both Google Play and the Amazon All Store. I read Kindle books on my Nook. All I'm missing is a camera!
Yep. And Netflix on mine as well. Depending on the wifi connection, the video is smooth and fast. If the wifi sucks though, there's no 3G to fall back on.

Members online

No members online now.