Goofy people

K

Kaydee

Sophie and I were walking through the parking lot, her beside me off leash. Just then a big black lab-off leash comes running up to her. They sniffed and I kept walking knowing Sophie would follow.

She turned and barked at this dog when it tried to hump her and the owner was like "Call off your dog!!!". I continued to walk and Sophie followed me to the path...and Mr. Hot Pants FOLLOWED us to the path. Dumb woman gets all huffy because no means no, then doesn't hold his collar at least till we're out of sight...he's twice the size of Sophie and this idiot is yelling at us...:rolleyes:

Kilter

Yep, camped with some this past weekend, almost left at one point in part because of that. One guy was convinced that dogs should run loose in the campground because it's camping, and was quite annoying about it for a while - at one point bringing his dog on leash to meet the four I brought (dog sitting for a friend right now, so he came camping), despite being told several times that it was fine, he could let his dog wander but I wasn't going to with mine. Even after I told him his dog was 'friendly' but the wrong type of friendly for the one dog I brought - the charging into the other dog with a body slam then flipping on her back to be a wimp would get her shredded!

Then another camper came, had his dogs chained for the most part but then would let them wander, I wasn't paying much attention other than one mooched and stunk like dog (yes, I do find dogs that stink offensive, mine get bathed....), and I saw the other one take at least three dumps around camp/pee on a few tents that I noticed. He also had an dog with space issues so there was some scuffles. She came up to Ticket who was playing ball, minding his manners, and I could see him starting to get annoyed (the owner said she's pushy and likes to fight sometimes.... sigh) as she had hackles up and was pushing him with her chest. Then the owner says 'oh, they'll fight and settle it between themselves'... I just said 'the less he learns about HAVING to fight it out, the better, I'd rather he not think that he has to get into a fight with every pushy dog he meets' and then got his attention on the ball which meant he outran her and pretty much deflated the situation.

Those kind of goofy people? Don't you just love them???

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Goofy is a nice word for it. :)

I friggin' HATE people who have rude, untrained dogs and scream at your dogs for politely trying to teach their heathen some manners. Look, my dog is doing you a favor!!! F off or collect your unruly beast. It seriously bothers me, like, why is it so wrong for my dog to communicate when they're uncomfortable or scared? I guess I should just suppress their growl, so that when they're pushed they resort to biting instead of warning.

People with crazy puppies are the worst. Their puppy will be gnawing on Fozzie's face and he'll grumble at them, and they'll shriek "your dog is mean!" and grab their puppy. Would you let your puppy chew on YOUR face? That's going to be fun when they grow up and aren't cute wittle puppies anymore.

K

Kaydee

The humpers are the ones who aggravate me. Sophie keeps to herself when she's offleash. There are these idiots who chuckle while their boys are trying to mount everything in sight. When Sophie turns and gives a warning bark they freak like " That monsterous pit bull is trying to attack my dog!!!!"...Your dog is a sex-starved pony, give me a break.

Members online

No members online now.