One year ago today...

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I held Palom, my little heart, my first ferret, close to me and said goodbye far too soon. Lost to a severe infection at the young age of 1.5 years. He was my heart and to this day I miss him like crazy and get angry at the unfairness of this world.

I'll meet him again someday.

Baby Palom

Baby Palom & Porom

<3

Last edited:

SailenAero

Hits the Mark
I'm sure he's dooking around over that rainbow bridge waiting on his momma <3 my first ferret is about to be 1 year old and I can't even think about losing her yet.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I'm sure he's dooking around over that rainbow bridge waiting on his momma <3 my first ferret is about to be 1 year old and I can't even think about losing her yet.
It was rather quick, and very heartbreaking. "Mystery illness" doesn't begin to describe it. We just kept ticking illnesses off the list as meds weren't working... symptoms told us it was helicobacter and/or ECE... it was neither.

Finally we took bloodwork and found out it was a severe blood infection that we may not had been able to stop anyway, it was something that he may have had dormant his entire life and it had decided to rear its ugly head after his immune system was compromised by the flu. At that point, he was skin and bones, not eating or drinking, barely able to move. It was time, and that was that.

I don't regret my decision to put him at peace. I regret the time with him that has been taken away from me. Every single day I regret that.

Members online